If this happens which if history is any indicator it won't, Roy all the way. Fast opponents will always be trouble for B-hop and the best style to beat Roy has always been the pressure style.....not the forte of a 45 year old Hopkins.
Jones-Hopkins II is getting closer to being done.
Collapse
-
-
Finally some good news regarding this.
I'm glad to see Roy is willing to let Bernard get the lion's share he deserves.
HBO is playing some bull**** on Bernard with this Dawson situation from what Hopkins has said. I think they're sizing up Dawson to be their next Jermain Taylor.
I'd rather see Hopkins school and rough up Dawson so that Hopkins would once again make everybody over at HBO eat crow for about the fifth time ; but whatever Bernard wants to do I'm cool with.
Roy and Bernard are both legends and if they want to cap off their careers with a big payday against each other then I'm cool with that.Comment
-
In summary... Roy Jones agreed to a 45-55 split in Bernards favor. Roy said he was willing to take the short end percentage if he got his commentating job back on HBO. Bernard is interested in the deal and Roy is agreeing if HBO can do it.
We're waiting to hear what HBO comes back with. But HBO has been involved in this deal specifically so they are already aware of the conditions.
Roy said he already signed TODAY to fight Danny Green, but if a Bernard rematch goes through, he would pay Danny to wait.
Bernard is also a little turned off with the Chad Dawson fight now, because what HBO is trying to do is they basically think Chad is going to beat Glen Johnson, and then make Bernard wait til MARCH, so that Chad gets his rest, and Bernard has to wait even LONGER than he already has... Bernard sees this as HBO is setting up their new young fighter for success and they are ready to send Bernard packing home. (This is coming specifically from Bernard)
Source: Btalk.comComment
-
-
we all would! but these guys are the epitome of wats killing the sport. the winner should always get the bigger share! this would kill a ton of the greedy bickering and no its not illegal like some idiot stated. if the fight goes to a draw then a they get even money with a % left over to put in the rematch winners pocket.Comment
-
From Dan Rafaels' blog today:
Now to the other issue with Jan. 30. Schaefer is also in a bind. His other veteran star fighter, Bernard Hopkins, had already been tentatively scheduled by HBO for the date (likely against cruiserweight champ Tomasz Adamek or Chad Dawson). The date is a big deal for Hopkins, who wants to fight in the same month in which he turns 45, and I'm told he's really ticked off about possibly being bounced into February.Comment
Comment