Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach Would Embrace Training Joshua For Usyk Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

I think he really thought he could keep Usyk at the end of his jab - probably his trainer believed that too - which is possibly why he is looking at other trainers be it advice or a proper role. Now he knows that can't work. He knows he has to impose his physicality but the problem is how to do it without being counter-punched to a loss.
    Exactly. Been saying it for a while, Usyk became the most dangerous/credible HW once he moved up. All he needed was to stop playing safe, commit and put his weight into punches. Anyways, Joshua is like Overeem in the ufc, crazy power but, no chin. To make it worst, he's way to slow. I saw Joshua's jab round in thevfirstvtwo rounds and knew he had zero chance. It was like he would point to where he would jab, pause and then jab. Yes, he beat Wlad but, Wlad only threw his one two then clinch/hug. Not sure how no one clued in other than Byrd... His brother despite busted feet and being slow was way better. His timing was impecable. AJ needs to plan his post boxing life. Invest, stay away from social media and focus on his true passion... whatever it may be. B fighters like Wilder and Wallin could smoke him. Anything above Chisora or Parker is just to much but, that my opinion. Weak era but, Usyk and Jarred give me hope.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

I think he really thought he could keep Usyk at the end of his jab - probably his trainer believed that too - which is possibly why he is looking at other trainers be it advice or a proper role. Now he knows that can't work. He knows he has to impose his physicality but the problem is how to do it without being counter-punched to a loss.
      Kronk is all about the ol' 1-2. It's effective. If you look, Usyk threw a lot if the "ol' 1-2'$".

While we're talking about it; Bivol does it masterfully. <3

Comment

Canelo's counterpunching style is what AJ needs to learn to beat Usyk.

Eddy Reynoso is the logical choice.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

Kronk is all about the ol' 1-2. It's effective. If you look, Usyk threw a lot if the "ol' 1-2'$".

While we're talking about it; Bivol does it masterfully. <3
          Bivol also masterfully held the WBA belt hostage since 2017. This ducker wont even unify with Beterbiev, who already has 2/4 world title belts in the division.

Bivol is content fighting the Lenin Castillo and Craig Richards of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
            Canelo's counterpunching style is what AJ needs to learn to beat Usyk.

Eddy Reynoso is the logical choice.

he is not gonna learn anything in 1 camp

Comment

Working...
            X