Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Knocks Caleb Plant Out in Eleventh, Becomes Undisputed at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Knocks Caleb Plant Out in Eleventh, Becomes Undisputed at 168

By Keith Idec - Canelo Alvarez violently broke down Caleb Plant on his way to making the type of history Saturday night that means the most to the Mexican icon. Alvarez battered Plant, dropped him twice early in the 11th round and stopped the previously unbeaten Plant to become boxing's first fully unified super middleweight champion in the sport's four-belt era. Referee Russell Mora declared Alvarez the winner of their Showtime Pay-Per-View main event early in the 11th round, much to the satisfaction of a capacity crowd of 16,586 at MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 11-06-2021, 11:43 PM.

Mexican superstar and unified WBA/WBC/WBO Super Middleweight World Champion Canelo Alvarez and undefeated IBF Super Middleweight World Champion Caleb “Sweethands” Plant came together for the official weigh-in before they meet in the SHOWTIME PPV main event this Saturday, November 6 in a Premier Boxing Champions event from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. (photos by Amanda Westcott)

The winner of Saturday’s highly-anticipated showdown will make history as the first undisputed super middleweight champion during the four-belt era.
    ReggieKray ReggieKray likes this.

Comment

Albanianboxing Albanianboxing likes this.

Comment

Right.

I have been watching back the Alvarez vs Saunders fight, because I think stylistically 'This match up will play out very similar'.

Can Caleb Plant win some rounds? Yes.

If Caleb Plant is to win, he has to show greater durability than Billy Joe Saunders. Most of the Middle-Weights around these days, all seem bothered by Alvarez's physical strength and power 'Which I find completely bizarre, because at the lower weights Alvarez was not really renowned for his destructive punching power'.

It is not actually Alvarez's technical ability or skills that intimidates his opponents 'It is this mysterious strength, that he has acquired since moving up in weight classes'.

Note: I think Canelo Alvarez will win via stoppage between the round 9-12.

Comment

I feel bad for these Canelo haters. With how active he’s been the last year every few months they get their hopes up and hype up a new guy then get a reality check. Destroying their mental health.
          Tonight will be no different. Plants not built for this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            Right.

I have been watching back the Alvarez vs Saunders fight, because I think stylistically 'This match up will play out very similar'.

Can Caleb Plant win some rounds? Yes.

If Caleb Plant is to win, he has to show greater durability than Billy Joe Saunders. Most of the Middle-Weights around these days, all seem bothered by Alvarez's physical strength and power 'Which I find completely bizarre, because at the lower weights Alvarez was not really renowned for his destructive punching power'.

It is not actually Alvarez's technical ability or skills that intimidates his opponents 'It is this mysterious strength, that he has acquired since moving up in weight classes'.

Note: I think Canelo Alvarez will win via stoppage between the round 9-12.
            Wrong!!!

Almost everyone who faces canelo leaves the fight saying “he is very hard to hit clean” “very slippery”

New age fans have this misconception that if you are a hard hitter you have to get hit a lot as well. Canelo is not a seek and destroy guy he is the definition of a boxer puncher he can parry, slip and roll better than anyone before him but counter you in a blink of an eye with hard thudding shots.

Its his skill that scared fighters because they think there getting a come forward brute but once in the ring they realIze they have a tricky craft boxer i front of them.

Comment

WAR Canelo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I always root for the underdogs, but let's face it. Canelobuterol is in a league of his own... I just hope Plant will show up as a Champion and at least give him a run for his money...

Comment

Canelo ERA!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to watch Canelo vs Plant!!!!!

Comment

Fight Night baby

Comment

Working...
                    X