Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: LIVE STREAM: Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant - Official Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant definitely looks real mad with a chip on his shoulder at first I thought it was part of an act but no he always comes off upset Arrogant and angry. Why???

Comment

Canelo at 42:20..... "I have the good blood inside of me".....sounds like he is pumped to the gills for this fight.

Comment

My final prediction:

Caleb Plant is a great boxer, I love how he boxes, the dude is very slick, very explosive, has great numbers and is very creative, stillystically he is all wrong for Canelo, however there are 2 big factors which make me believe he won't do enough to win this fight.

1) Caleb Plant is a one handed fighter, his left hand is gold, terrific jab and a great flash left hook, but that right hand.......... his right hand is average.
        2) Caleb Plant lacks experience against top opposition.

There is one thing I believe you need to keep Canelo honest and that is a great straight rear hand, if you can remember Mayweather put a lot of right hands on Canelo, Lara used that laser straight left hand also to pot shot Canelo the whole night, GGG has monster power on both hands, Kovalev also had a very powerful right hand, Plant doesn't have a right hand to worry Canelo.

Canelo is not gonna waste his energy defending from his right, only two things Canelo has to worry is on neutralizing Plant's left hand, if he puts a high compact high guard and he shells himself up with his chin up front while mantaining his rear foot in position to back up, he will have great room for countering Plant's jab and left hook. I'm possitive that Reynoso has instructed Canelo to block and touch that jab, Lara and Mayweather used that timing to shoot the straight quick hand, Plant doesn't have a right hand.

Now into the exprience, Plant is gonna have a very hard time when he realizes that it's much more difficult keeping Canelo out of bay with only his left han. As he is an inexperienced guy at the top level he won't react well, I think he will start to stay in the pocket more than necesary and he will start gettin battered.

Styles makes fights, Caleb has all the tools, unfortunately he is just a one handed fighter and he also doesn't know how to adapt when the things are not going his way.

Everytyhing can happen in boxing, Plant can surprise the whole world but I don't see it happening

Canelo wins, don't know if stoppage or decision.

Comment

Honestly the best thing for boxing would be for Canelo to lose the rematch would be HUGE and hopefully spur on a trilogy similar to Wilder and Fury.

Canelo needs a trilogy fight in his career i feel shame we didnt get GGG 3

Comment

Plant looks like a Light Heavy in build and structure no idea why he cant punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
              Canelo at 42:20..... "I have the good blood inside of me".....sounds like he is pumped to the gills for this fight.
              His English is the best thing about him who knows what he is referring to haha

Comment

Originally posted by james240 View Post

His English is the best thing about him who knows what he is referring to haha
                Hahaha I love when Canelo said during the first presser “ I will **** everybody out” lol

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post

Hahaha I love when Canelo said during the first presser “ I will **** everybody out” lol
                  LOL! hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post

Plant came in at 167 one pound under the limit says he’s looking to move move and move some more.
                    Doesn't sound like he won the weigh in then

I'll be 100% honest - for some reason I think Plant could be a Boogie man for Canelo but logic tells me he has no chance. I'm going to go with logic because 99% of the time it is correct. I think Plant's confidence pre-fight has been making a lot of us think he has a chance. Canelo fights elite fighters every fight and has almost never been hurt by anyone. He is relentless. Plant just hasn't fought enough top guys to learn the skills needed at that level

Comment

Working...
                    X