Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Radzhab Butaev Stops Jamal James in Ninth, Captures WBA 'Regular' Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I know is that you could see James was glad it was over. And that says a lot.

But I didn't like some of Butaev's tactics.

And the unofficial scorecard was total garbage.

EDIT: Just saw a slo-mo replay of James' immediate reaction to stoppage. He did argue at first. But anyway, although it was an unusual time to stop it, ref probably have saved James' brain for another day.
    Last edited by BustedKnuckles; 10-30-2021, 11:29 PM.
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

• James got weaker and weaker by the round. Ref saw that so I say good stoppage.
      greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        Premature stoppage but also can’t argue with it as it looked only a matter of time, and if not James wouldve just been battered until the end.
        Exactly. Stoppage was early, but James was going to take a lot of punishment.

Comment

• Always considered James to be overrated.
          MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

• Can't complain about the stoppage but at the same time he could've let it continue as well. BS the way Showtime was calling and scoring this fight I thought Butaev was clearly winning and dominated this fight and punished James to the body

Comment

• Originally posted by BustedKnuckles View Post
              All I know is that you could see James was glad it was over. And that says a lot.

But I didn't like some of Butaev's tactics.

And the unofficial scorecard was total garbage.
              What was wrong with his tactics?

James kept turning his back mid punch and dipping below the waist. Butaev did nothing wrong.
              DeeMoney DeeMoney likes this.

Comment

• Butaev, 14 fights, title shot! Stanionis, 13 fights, title shot! Jaron Ennis, 28 fights, no title shot! WTF!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Butaev, 14 fights, title shot! Stanionis, 13 fights, title shot! Jaron Ennis, 28 fights, no title shot! WTF!!!
                  Ennis was still fighting guys with more losses than wins in his 14th fight, so he was hardly going to be getting title shots

Comment

• James was really fighting like he didn’t want that Ennis fight.

Comment

• The writing was on the wall from about the 7th.

Comment

Working...
                      X