Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will Floyd Mayweather get the credit he deserves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd gets plenty of respect from boxing people, who know the game. As for the haters, it seems the better the fighter, the more hate he'll receive.
    I think Floyd's racist comments and his treatment of women turned lots of fans off and hurt his legacy, but that's more about personality rather than boxing.
    GrandpaBernard GrandpaBernard likes this.

Comment

Floyd gets no respected because fans actively dislike him.

He spent twenty years trying to make people hate him. On purpose.

Problem is he hasn't ever been able to turn off the caricature he created. If he would stop being an insufferable prick towards his former rivals like Pacquiao and Canelo, and would just be cool, polite, cordial when asked about them, he could pretty much rehab his image with the fans quickly.

But we all know he ain't gonna do that.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Problem is he hasn't ever been able to turn off the caricature he created. If he would stop being an insufferable prick towards his former rivals like Pacquiao and Canelo, and would just be cool, polite, cordial when asked about them, he could pretty much rehab his image with the fans quickly.

Why would he.

manny showed his true colors and went massive twat mode after Floyd gave him boxing lesson

Comment

I think he would of got the respect years ago if he was a likeable person but the dude is a woman beater, flaunts his wealth none stop to his fans, brags about how he’s the best there has ever been and will be the list goes on. There is nothing to like about the guy apart from his skills in the ring but ppl don’t want to give him credit even though he does deserve it.
          MaksBox MaksBox likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            He is the greatest fighter of this era, usually true greatness doesn’t get the respect it deserves until it’s over.

Floyd is retired now, seems happier than ever (which is great to see) yet he still gets hate from all angles. True fight fans do appreciate him but like most all time greats it can be decades before they truly get the respect they deserve.

For me, Floyd is the greatest of my era (I am early 30’s,) he is a wizard in the ring and it really annoys me when people disrespect him. He has done so much for the sport

When do you think he will get the credit he deserves?
            Gtfoh. Ydksab. Floyd ducked Kell Brook for undisputed championship at WW. He’s a chicken. A duck. A fraud. A drug cheat who uses banned iv for his fights.

Comment

Bro froid literally went off into the sunset thanks to McGregor. If it wasn't for him he woulda retired on a nothing win against berth. He got alot of praise from morons for stopping a mma fighter in his boxing debut lol then he lost alot of it by coming back and looking pathetic against Paul. So he really has himself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

Why would he.
                "Where respect is shown, respect is given" is the old saying.

Any version of Floyd dominates any version of Pacquiao, any time. Floyd knows that. Pacquiao knows that. But it's clear Floyd has a problem with all the love Pacquiao gets, the fact that people love his story and his personality and whatnot. And Floyd can't stand that.

That's the definition of a hater.

If Floyd stays the same, he's never going to get any love as the years roll on.

Comment

He is the greatest fighter of this era, usually true greatness doesn’t get the respect it deserves until it’s over.

Floyd is retired now, seems happier than ever (which is great to see) yet he still gets hate from all angles. True fight fans do appreciate him but like most all time greats it can be decades before they truly get the respect they deserve.

For me, Floyd is the greatest of my era (I am early 30’s,) he is a wizard in the ring and it really annoys me when people disrespect him. He has done so much for the sport

Who cares? Will you sleep better at night if your mental fandom becomes more legitimized ?

Floyd is one of the best to do it. I think he loses to prime Manny and DLH. I think he should've lost JLC 1 and arguably drew Maidana 1. ....and that doesn't change anything. Still one of the very best to ever do it.

Do you want a medal or plaque or something? Stating your his #1 fan XD

...hope you don't have your fingernails painted tho. Floyd apparently don't support all his fans just some

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Some people do hate the character of Floyd but Floyd the boxer is supremely talented. He's far from the GOAT though. I don't even think he beats prime Manny or DLH honestly. Not knocking Floyd because styles make fights.

For what it's worth I think prime DLH also beats Manny but Manny had an exemplary run picking off marquee fighters right before their retirement. Grade A cherry picking !

Comment

Great thread, needed to be said.

All these boxing journalists saying Floyd was just a journeyman, and no one saying he's any good.

Great insight, well done you. More please!
                      PeepeePoopooMan PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X