Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Punishes, Stops Jamel Herring in Tenth, Wins WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m wondering how weak of a puncher Stevenson is because he hit Herring in the temple, cleanly and constantly. Throughout the entire fight. Some of them slightly wobbled herring, but really hurt him bad. Temple shots are like the most dangerous in boxing. You can get hit there just once by a decent puncher, and it will hurt you bad. Interesting to see his power at the elite level.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
      it’s clear the ref had an agenda.. he wanted the fight stopped when he took Herring to the doctor.. there was no reason to stop this fight other then having a clear ulterior motive for betting money purposes

[

QUOTE=Lefty0616;n31146385]

I am tired of today's referees trying to make it all about themselves. It all started with irritating Kenny Bayless. They get more camera time than the boxers. They are in every shot/every angle - and they still mess up. While Herring was getting beat, there was no need for the referee to stop that fight when he did. Today's referees and refereeing style really needs to be investigated. They are interfering with the outcomes of fights.
      [/QUOTE]

thats exactly what was going on, always lines right up with the over/under. legalized gambling means the scam refs are going to be even more involved.

same thing in nfl. they come up with new penalties out of the blue, only reason they are imposed is to control the game
      Last edited by YOU WILL LOSE; 10-24-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Comment

• [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Comment

• thats exactly what was going on, always lines right up with the over/under. legalized gambling means the scam refs are going to be even more involved.

same thing in nfl. they come up with new penalties out of the blue, only reason they are imposed is to control the game[/QUOTE]

Nah. He was being dominated and didn't return a punch after a few flurries. Taking too much punishment. Shakur isn't a big puncher otherwise it would've been stopped earlier. Not arguing with that stoppage.
            BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

• I never saw a championship fight stopped early like that.

Comment

• Clinic. Bring on Team Reynosa.

Valdez doesn't see the final bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Herring is what everyone knew he was

He was supposed to be an easy knock over job for Frampton, then Frampton turned out to be totally shot and Herring was just in the right place at the right time, then got cashed straight out vs Haney because everyone around him knew he was average.

I mean Frampton had been way past it since the quigg fight, he was running on fumes for a good couple of years prior to the Herring fight.

I don't know anyone who was rating Herring, I wasn't.
                  Yes, plus Herring was the bigger man. But then what does that tell us of Stevenson? Not much in the end, thus my questions.

Comment

• Good performance by Shakur. He did what he had to do and won in a dominant fashion, he's only getting better obviously It's time for him to step it up and face an actual champion who won his belt in the ring like Valdez. That's a pretty big fight that needs to happen but I think it would be top rank putting all the eggs in 1 basket here since they promote both and the fight isn't big enough to be a cash out and they will end up with 1 star instead of potentially 2. So it wouldn't surprise me if top rank didn't make that fight next, but let's hope for the best

Comment

• Wow! Great win for Stevenson! Congratulations on winning a title!

Comment

Working...
                      X