Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: We Have To Pressure Caleb Plant From The Very Start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

Caleb was quoted as saying "I will never let a whiteboy beat me" when talking about Canelo.
    That's all the PBC brigade understand - race. PBC fighters and fans are obsessed with race. Half this forum are still experiencing PTSD from Wilder getting KTFO then refusing to shake hands or do the post-fight interview - complete BUM. But it's racist to criticize Deontay who is an absolute asshat. Dude has no idea what he's doing and surrounded himself with people who have even less idea what they're doing. What a fun train wreck
    El_Maldito_Rey El_Maldito_Rey likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
      Again, why do you care who hates Canelo? And you consider it to be obsessive when the same few “haters” speak badly about Canelo, but it isn’t obsessive when the same group of “Canelo lovers” take it personal and feel obligated to defend Canelo while simultaneously insulting others for having a difference of opinion about a boxer that neither of them have ever even met? Many boxing fans are tribal and it’s the ones that go over the top to support a fighter as if they are defending a loved one that are truly the obsessive ones.
      i dont take it personal, hardly engage with those two, but just find it odd that i came to see comments about canelos team strategy for the fight and the first thing i find is the usual haters that contribuite next to nothing to the topic. . if they were ****ting on the strategy fine, but they dont even care...

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
        Pressure on a guy with fresh legs like Plant? Good luck with that.
        You must have never watched James Toney, Marvin Hagler or Roberto Duran fight.

Before you reply with something on the nature of "You comparing Canelo to those guys" I will say that the point I'm trying to make is that you can have heavy feet and still be great at cutting off the ring, those guys had not the fastest feet, they were usually heavy grounded fighters but they knew how to move the waist and how to approach the fighter in specific ways. GGG is great at doing this also.

So, I think your argument isn't a valid one.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          Not for nothing but it’s always the same Canelo lovers in every thread complaining about Canelo haters and taking it personal. Not sure what’s the big deal, Canelo isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so what? While others are over the top fans of his, there are several reasons to dislike him, which is why many do. Not sure why his fans get so worked up over a difference of opinion. As long as he satisfies your heart, why do you care what another man thinks about a boxer? Unless they’re insulting your mother, wife or kids to your face, who gives a shyt?
          One of the best comments I've ever read on this site, well said and 100% agreed.

My thing is this, we suppose to be boxing fans before anything else, we want to debate boxing with smart good aruments, I usually ignore people which only comes in here to bash another guy, let them do what they do, enjoy boxing, talk boxing, discuss about the sweet science and overall have fun.

rrayvez rrayvez likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post

i dont take it personal, hardly engage with those two, but just find it odd that i came to see comments about canelos team strategy for the fight and the first thing i find is the usual haters that contribuite next to nothing to the topic. . if they were ****ting on the strategy fine, but they dont even care...
            I don’t see any ridiculous comments on this page at all. Part of what was mentioned was Reynoso’s stance on how historic this fight was and whether it is legitimately the most important fight of his career. I think that’s a valid debate.

Comment

Originally posted by HOF Hater View Post
              Can't wait till Canelo beats the black outta that white boy
              Are you the same guy that was talking about PBC guys always focusing on race? You're a joke, bigot, third world savage who's in love with Canelo. I bet you live in this "white" country, huh?

Comment

for plant to have any chance his corner need to keep him well watered and hydrated between rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy Gypsy View Post

Are you the same guy that was talking about PBC guys always focusing on race? You're a joke, bigot, third world savage who's in love with Canelo. I bet you live in this "white" country, huh?
                  I just live in America. Black, white, tan, yellow, whatever. Doesn't matter. I do take pleasure in upsetting the racists though

Comment

Plant doesn’t do anything Canelo hasn’t seen before. Even early he’s not fast enough to get inside in Canelo.
                    I don’t think Canelo is reckless enough to get after him early but it won’t take more than a few rounds before he’s got his timing down and will be peppering Plant with straight counters and uppercuts often.

Comment

Steady-applied pressure is a great approach for Canelo in this fight if Plant attempts to win by boxing on the outside. Canelo won't need to rush, he can give away rounds 1-3 as long as he keeps the pressure on and gets to touch that body. The larger picture is that by applying pressure he can likely force Plant into a mistake either with his feet, in which case Canelo can trap him and go on the offensive, or with his hands in which case Canelo gets to counter (which he's great at). Plant will need a helluva tank to box effectively in the face of that pressure for 12 rounds.

If Plant takes Ward's advice and tries to bully the bully, though, then the applied pressure stuff kinda goes out the window and Canelo is best suited to sit down and bang with Plant, who he is most likely stronger than.

Comment

Working...
                      X