Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Names Regis Prograis, Josh Taylor And Tank Davis As Next Three Targets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only one of those that might possibly happen, if Garcia doesn't outprice himself, is prograis.

And Prograis beats him imo.

Comment

Obviously Mikey has to win tonight to begin with, but assuming he does, I would definitely be excited if he would fight any one of those 3, let alone all of them. Mikey did seem to lose some steam and like others have said, maybe not as hungry, but he has only lost to Errol Spence, and although he did absolutely nothing against Spence, he did dare to be great and even though he failed, it's not like Spence destroyed him, and I don't think that Mikey took too much punishment. Depending on how he looks tonight will determine my thoughts on any specific matchups between Mikey, Tank, Taylor, and Prograis, but as of now I think he's live in any of those fights, and hopefully they will get made eventually.

Comment

Mikey needs to go back to 135.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
          I don't dislike Mikey, although I thought he was less than sporting v Salido, but he took some punishment against a naturally bigger man in Spence. He may not be the same fighter any more. Regis is a helluva good fighter & a lot less war-worn. Also agree with CornerCutman that we shouldn't sleep on Sandor Martin. For Mikey this is another day at work, for Sandor its what he dreamt about since he started boxing.
          and that's exactly what we saw last night in the end! My hunch was spot on (for once!), Mikey's just not into it anymore. He shouldn't fight any of these guys, unless he's actually hyped about boxing....which it sure doesn't seem he is anymore. The thrill is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
            Mikey needs to go back to 135.
            He should retire. Not because he lost, but he’s not really interested in boxing anymore. He’s always inactive, getting way too fat for a fighter that size and racing cars. I know all the inactivity wasn’t all his own fault but you can stay ready.

he’s had one foot out of boxing now for a few years, and the result was him losing last night. Unless last night was a massive wake up all and puts some fire back in him, then he’s done at a good level and should call it a day.

i’m glad he lost. He’s only sticking around trying to get big pay days, And that’s fine but at least it saved us from a mismatch in one of his big pay days because he’s not good enough anymore to compete with top fighters. Better to find out now.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 10-17-2021, 08:03 AM.
            AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by CornerCutman View Post
              Kinda wanna see how he does tonight. For some reason, I just have this hunch that he's gonna get caught by a guy who probably wants it a whole lot more. I'm not mad at Mikey, he boxed for a career, made good money, and toned it down. But he certainly had talent and if he'd stayed active could've built a legacy. Not everyone's in it for that, I won't knock him...but Idk if he's hungry enough to start chasing big names. Tonight may go some length towards informing us about that
              Good call.

Ultimately - Mikey Garcia will go down in history as one of the rare few who drained his opponent down and STILL lost.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Good call.

Ultimately - Mikey Garcia will go down in history as one of the rare few who drained his opponent down and STILL lost.
                Thank you sir, nice getting it right for once hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

So what your saying is that Bob will happily give him a payday against any of his fighters? A right. Because we all know that Bob is an obliging guy that doesn't hold grudges.
                  it's not bob arum's fault. arum is a smart business man he knows loma vs mikey would have brought great exposure and a huge payday for his guy lomachenko. Not to mention Loma had a great chance against mikey at 135lbs so arum could have gotten revenge on mikey as well! arum would have done business with mikey he just did not want to fight loma that badly. instead he rushed into a fight with spence and it backfired LOL!

Comment

Think Ellerbe/Mayweather saw enough slippage to entertain that fight at 140 for Tank?? Decent name/following in Mikey and it be Tanks first credible opponent in about 5yrs now. Probably pull decent PPV buys as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OGBIGSACK View Post
                      it's not bob arum's fault. arum is a smart business man he knows loma vs mikey would have brought great exposure and a huge payday for his guy lomachenko. Not to mention Loma had a great chance against mikey at 135lbs so arum could have gotten revenge on mikey as well! arum would have done business with mikey he just did not want to fight loma that badly. instead he rushed into a fight with spence and it backfired LOL!
                      Arum will never let Mikey near his fighters. Mikey hasn't fought one top rank fighter since his troubles with Arum. Arum holds grudges. That's just how he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X