Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford On Porter Fight: It Means Putting That Extra Stamp On Being Considered The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    There is something to be said about becoming the #1 contender and forcing a fight….
    Well said. It's the only way we can can get a Top Rank vs PBC match up. Wouldn't it be something if Top Rank and PBC and GBP could work together and give the fans the fights that everyone wants to see? Shame PBC don't entertain anything voluntarily though. Oh well we can dream.
    deckanina deckanina likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
      It's a good start, it's about 2 years late, but better late than never. This fight puts Crawford on the right road to being the best, but there's many miles to go.....
      Kell Brooks leftovers. Spence has beaten Porter. If not for that, then Porter wouldn't be allowed near Crawford. Porters in last chance saloon. love his podcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        Get our wack ass your PBitchC responses outta here, lmao. Bud is going to corner Spence after he beats the **** out of Porter and you PBC representatives won’t have **** to fall back on. Your comments are so PatheticBC that I hope you won’t ever have to mention Haymon and the PBC again. Mofos think that they’re the best WWs, lmfao….
        What language is this?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

I'm already on record, bro. Multiple times.

For Crawford to get FULL credit, from me and the media, he must get:

1. Clean, clear stoppage
          2. Clean, clear knockout
          3. Blowout - over 9 rounds to 3

He has to do what nobody has done to Shawn Porter.

If he gets a clean, clear knockout or stoppage - meaning it's not a trigger ref, I'm talking Kenny Porter tossing a towel, Porter taking a knee or quitting on the stool, Porter out on his back, etc...Crawford will get major credit and rightfully so, because that's highly unlikely.

What's more likely is that it's a BS stoppage where Porter is still fighting back.
          So if your guy loses, you just like to have the excuse up there front and centre, before the fight? Lol. My God your gonna take Wilders next defeat hard also then aren't you lol.

Comment

Not entirely sure how Porter meets the PBC criteria. Police Be Coming.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              Who knew beating past prime Shawn Porter proves your the best?
              I agree, but he probably figures it worked for Spence.
              LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrorbilly252 View Post
                Crawford didn't push for this fight to my understanding Kenny and Shawn did Crawford was trying to get pac or something else porter pushed for this sometimes the writers should do they're homework first before they write articles
                Porter didn't push for this. He stated himself on his own podcast, that as Crawford is perceived as not having beaten anyone of note at WW, that he didn't want to be that first top name. And wanted to wait until Crawford had beaten someone considered credible first. Arum asked for this. He pulls Paco's strings. The only question was really wether Al was gonna let Porter get the shot. But it's Porters last chance and Errols already had him, so standing in his way would have been a bad look.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                  "That dynamic changed once Crawford and his team pushed for the WBO to order a mandatory title fight versus Porter, a former IBF and WBC welterweight titlist from Las Vegas by way of Akron, Ohio."

This is a lie. Porter and his team pushed for this fight and Bob Arum said originally that Porter was only worth a 1 million offer. Terrance Crawford was forced to fight him. And I got Porter on this one, if he fights like he did against Spence and Thurman, Crawford loses. However if the Porter that fought Ugas shows up, then I lean towards Crawford. However I feel like Porter is going to be in top shape and pull off the upset. Which I wouldn't call it if Porter wins, I'm not high on Bud since he moved to WW.
                  And yet Kell Brook was doing well against Crawford, at least even possibly in front, until he got caught. Yet Porter couldn't do that, hence he lost his title. I favour Crawford in a close one. Arum pulls Paco's strings, that's why we're getting this fight. Al was waiting to see if Crawford was gonna jump ship.

Comment

Originally posted by deckanina View Post

Yes, we all know you are on record that you will give Crawford credit if you deem the preformance acceptable. But we all know, also, that in 37 fights you have yet to give him credit because of all of the built in excuses that you create due to your hate. So after the fight I guarantee that no credit will be given by you to Crawford due to some made up excuse. At least you are consistent, but no reason to act like your opinion will change, because we all know it won't. "Hate, hate, hate, hate"
                    Of course he won't give credit. He already states his excuse at the bottom of the post. Pre fight? Totally biased lol.

Comment

Originally posted by aztec_warriors View Post
                      PORTER is a decent win, but doesn’t elevate Crawford. Porter has losses against Brook, Thurman, Spence. Porter is gate keeper to top 147 div.
                      Great podcast and commentator though. Already thinking about post career.

Comment

Working...
                      X