Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: I'll Do Whatever I Can To Make Valdez Against Herring-Stevenson Winner Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: I'll Do Whatever I Can To Make Valdez Against Herring-Stevenson Winner Next

Jamel Herring and Shakur Stevenson have clearly conveyed to Bob Arum that they want Oscar Valdez next after a fight they each expect to win October 23 in Atlanta.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah now that nobody likes Valdez anymore. Good job Bob.
    PeepeePoopooMan PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Yeah now that nobody likes Valdez anymore. Good job Bob.
      Nobody likes that whole Raynoso team anymore. They're all under suspicion and I hate to say it, Andy is in it. He needs to seperate himself, and quit trying to look pretty. Is he a tea drinker too? I don't care he has muscles, he still looked like crap vs Areolla.
      nino brown21 nino brown21 likes this.

Comment

It seemed a couple of years ago that Bob wanted to make Berchelt vs Herring but Berchelt wasn't willing, he probably expects Valdez to find a reason not to take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Nobody likes that whole Raynoso team anymore. They're all under suspicion and I hate to say it, Andy is in it. He needs to seperate himself, and quit trying to look pretty. Is he a tea drinker too? I don't care he has muscles, he still looked like crap vs Areolla.
          Yeah that whole team took a big hit, turned them into the villains of boxing, at least right now.

I think the problem with Andy (and it happened with Arreola too), they try to lose weight to please the fans with their appearance but it takes from what got them there in the 1st place. They also lose power and/or punch resistance.

All these Boxers need to get away from these overpaid 24 hour fitness personal trainers. NOTHING replaces roadwork. All these trainers do is look for short cuts whether it be through supplements or a new "state of the art" workouts. Boxing isnt a sport for shortcuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Yeah that whole team took a big hit, turned them into the villains of boxing, at least right now.

I think the problem with Andy (and it happened with Arreola too), they try to lose weight to please the fans with their appearance but it takes from what got them there in the 1st place. They also lose power and/or punch resistance.

All these Boxers need to get away from these overpaid 24 hour fitness personal trainers. NOTHING replaces roadwork. All these trainers do is look for short cuts whether it be through supplements or a new "state of the art" workouts. Boxing isnt a sport for shortcuts.
            For some reason fighters are trying to use updated technology to bypass road work and history shows road work keeps you in a 15 round fight so 12 should be a breeze. You cant substitute hard work. Great post!

Comment

2021..."I'm not the puppeteer..."

2019...Bob Arum admits he killed Pacquiao-Crawford fight, didn’t want to see Manny take damage

“Well I killed the fight. Yeah. [I wouldn’t want that for Manny] because I know how it would end...Not that I knew that it would end in serious disability for Manny — that I wouldn’t know — but as a fight it would only end one way.

“Forget my emotions, I wouldn’t wanna see him take that kind of damage because it might affect his future life — quality of his future life.”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/1/2...ny-take-damage

ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Let's see how herring-Stevenson plays out. If it's another snoozefest I don't think people would mind missing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

For some reason fighters are trying to use updated technology to bypass road work and history shows road work keeps you in a 15 round fight so 12 should be a breeze. You cant substitute hard work. Great post!
                  That's the problem, except in this case, the shortcut and technology is Granny's tea and weights to direct the grow. Otherwise, there is no shortcut in a sport that demands for you to go the long way.
                  Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

I wonder how Shakur Stevenson feels about this...

Boxing bouts fixed at Olympics, investigation finds

LAUSANNE, Switzerland -- Boxing bouts at the 2016 Olympics were fixed by "complicit and compliant" referees and judges, an investigation has found.

Investigator Richard McLaren was appointed by the International Boxing Association, known as AIBA, and found AIBA officials selected referees and judges to ensure that bouts could be manipulated in Olympic qualifying and at the Rio de Janeiro Games. He also found signs the 2012 Olympics in London were affected.

"Key personnel decided that the rules did not apply to them," said McLaren, who added there was a "culture of fear, intimidation and obedience in the ranks of the referees and judges."

There isn't a final figure on how many fights could have been affected. The investigation identified "in the vicinity of 11, perhaps less, and that's counting the ones that we know were manipulated, problem bouts or suspicious bouts," including fights for medals, McLaren said.

Senior AIBA officials used their power to select referees and judges and turned the commission, which was supposed to ensure they were assigned fairly, into "a mere rubber stamp," McLaren said.

"This informal structure allowed complicit and compliant referees and judges ... to be assigned to specific bouts to ensure the manipulation of outcomes," he said.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...tigation-finds

Comment

Working...
                    X