Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Lopez Defense Team Granted Postponement, New Court Date October 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Lopez Defense Team Granted Postponement, New Court Date October 5

Juan Manuel Lopez will remain in prison ahead of his next court date. A preliminary hearing held Tuesday at Caguas Court of First Instance revealed that the legal team for Lopez--led by attorney Jaime Barcelo--was not prepared to proceed with its case due to the former two-division titlist's current incarceration hindering his ability to assist with the defense. Presiding judge Jose Anglada granted the motion, along with a new court date of October 5 set to review current charges against the former boxer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is there something in the water in Puerto Rico or is this a reflection of a culture of spousal abuse?

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
      Is there something in the water in Puerto Rico or is this a reflection of a culture of spousal abuse?
      According to tv interviews and his associates, Juan Manuel Lopez is financially
      drained, physically and mentally damaged. Training/coaching hasn't worked
      out. Minimum wage is $7.25 per hour and 9 to 5 jobs seamed a waste of time.
      When the money stops, fame fades, medical issues become apparent, the ladies
      no longer think your farts are funny or cute.

I will say, Juanma was at one point my favorite fighter even with his first couple of
      losses. I hope he quickly finds direction and peace in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
        probably brain damage/CTE from those wars he had. Couple it alcohol then its a recipe for disaster.

just had Jon Jones do similar the other day.

Comment

Working...
        X