Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Plant: Showtime To Produce, Distribute Pay-Per-View Fight on November 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    Remember OldskooG kept saying how Fox was going to blow this fight up and make it so big? Lmaoooo
    Erm ok, so now Showtime will instead of FOX. You think about me that much mate? Amazing since I don’t even know who you are….wow.
    Last edited by Oldskoolg; 09-19-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
      Someone's gonna suffer losses here.
      They'll have to sell 1.5M PPVs to recover only guarantees for the main event.

Gate, endorsements, selling TV rights to other countries, among other things, all contribute towards the fighters purse. Not just PPV

Comment

Too many fights on PPV

Comment

Unlike A.j I don't think a lot of casuals know canelo........he's boxing's biggest star though

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            [/B]

Gate, endorsements, selling TV rights to other countries, among other things, all contribute towards the fighters purse. Not just PPV
            I know. But those +50M in guarantees is for broadcasting rights (probably US only) otherwise DAZN would've got the fight,
            Considering PBC's broadcaster wasn't known at the time of making a deal, I assume it's PBC who promised those guarantees. Even Plant was mentioning sponsors and gate money as on top of those 50M.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
              [/B]

Yeah, I would like to be able to add to your comment but you nailed it. This fight will be big….every demographic of sports fan will be interested. Canelo belongs back on PPV where the average American sports fan can actually see him
              chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

The face of boxing about to do a killer 500k or less Ppv buys.
                Szef Szef likes this.

Comment

I hope this abysmal fight flops to hell and back. They need to stop paying drug cheats to fight nobodies.

Comment

All but confirms PBC and Fox are done. Wonder if they'll close the Paramount+ deal, I recently realized Inside The NFL had jumped ship from Showtime to Paramount+

Comment

This fight will flop and I love it lol..

FOX looks to be getting out of the PBC business if that Fury-Wilder fight flops

Comment

Working...
                      X