Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford On Porter Fight: Excited I Get One Of Those Guys From PBC To Silence My Doubters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford On Porter Fight: Excited I Get One Of Those Guys From PBC To Silence My Doubters

Terence Crawford didn't expect to go this long between fights. It doesn't make him any less ready for the next one. The undefeated three-division champ is set for the biggest fight of his current WBO welterweight title reign, which comes against former two-time titlist Shawn Porter (31-3-1, 17KOs). The bout takes place November 20 atop an ESPN+ Pay-Per-View from Michelob ULTRA Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jose Benavidez and Mean Machine and shot Kell Brook were the biggest tests of your career? I don't remember anybody claiming that?

Comment

Lots of people are so into analyzing fighters records and breaking down their Boxrec data like some number crunching, Silicon Valley algorithm. I watch the fights and analyze the fighters styles, strengths, and weaknesses. Crawford will do a number on Porter like none of the PBC guys were able to. I guess his haters will say that Porter is a shot fighter or something after to avoid accepting that the most knowledgeable boxing analysts, including his peers, who see him as one of the best active fighters today, have been right all along.
      Last edited by Ropeydope; 09-18-2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Jose Benavidez and Mean Machine and shot Kell Brook were the biggest tests of your career? I don't remember anybody claiming that?
        To be fair, Crawford is on record saying Jeff Horn was his toughest opponent.

Given that :

I don’t know what took so long to get the fight done,” Crawford confessed during a recent segment of ‘State of Boxing’ on ESPN+. “Originally, we were looking to secure the Manny Pacquiao fight. We couldn’t get that fight done so we had to go on to the next best thing and that was Shawn Porter."

This right here is a lying mofo.

He has NEVER tried to get a fight done, that's why it took so long, and second, after you failed to secure Manny, you were talking about Taylor, Avenesyan, and moving to 168. On DAZN you straight up said you were not thinking about fighting Porter.

WBO forced you (finally) to fight this man and stop lowballing him to duck him. That's what happened.
        Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 09-18-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Got a feeling that Porter is going to walk into one. He'll have to be careful with Crawford. Must make his move early.

Comment

Crawford has the speed, skill, and power to keep Porter honest. Porter has the conditioning and tenacity to be rugged and give Bud problems. But Bud is planning to do extra bad things to Porter because he's down with PBC. He's training hard to put an end to this "other side of the street" BS that has been plaguing boxing for many years now.
            Last edited by archiemoore1; 09-18-2021, 09:33 AM.
            Ropeydope Ropeydope Fact Fact like this.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
              Got a feeling that Porter is going to walk into one. He'll have to be careful with Crawford. Must make his move early.
              He walked into plenty from Spence. Flush ones. Only one dropped him and he still kept coming.

Crawford isn't as precise OR composed as Spence.

The moment Crawford starts feeling that relentless pressure, he's going to lose his temper and start getting clipped in firefights.
              Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Let’s be honest without the purse bid he still wouldn’t have an opportunity to “silence his doubters.”
                He can silence his doubters by getting away from Arum, the guy that says he’s losing money promoting Bud, and going out and taking the WW fights we actually want to see.
                Porters a tough out but he’s past prime and hasn’t had a WW title in a while.
                If he re signs with Arum then he deserves to ride out his last prime years then be quickly forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

He walked into plenty from Spence. Flush ones. Only one dropped him and he still kept coming.

Crawford isn't as precise OR composed as Spence.

The moment Crawford starts feeling that relentless pressure, he's going to lose his temper and start getting clipped in firefights.
                  Errol Spence can't fight off the backfoot

Comment

Porter and Ugas have been calling out Crawford for two years, this story should be titled, Porter is excited that Crawford FINALLY! stepped up....

Comment

Working...
                    X