Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank Moves Emanuel Navarrete-Joet Gonzalez Card To October 15 In San Diego

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Top Rank Moves Emanuel Navarrete-Joet Gonzalez Card To October 15 In San Diego

Emanuel Navarrete and Joet Gonzalez have a new date and an official site for their featherweight title fight. BoxingScene.com has learned that Navarrete will defend his WBO 126-pound championship against Gonzalez on October 15 in San Diego. ESPN+ will stream Navarrete-Gonzalez as a main event on a Friday night from Pechanga Arena, the venue formerly known as San Diego Sports Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Navarrete is getting more and more less interesting. It's like he's richer than the land lord, but still lives in a crappy apartment. He's wearing out his greatest hits, Dogboe is dwindling in the mind. If he doesn't take a challenge soon, I suspect it's fear on his part, or his team.

Comment

This is a bad match up. González doesn’t cut off the ring well which we saw in the Stevenson fight and is going to walk straight into Navarrete’s punches not being able to figure out how to overcome his awkward combinations he likes to throw. Honestly, I’m starting to think Top Rank doesn’t have anybody that’s good enough to beat Navarrete at least not in the featherweight division which is starting to get boring with this network.

Comment

I agree totally with Corelone. Navarette has done nothing since Dogboe and nothing at featherweight. I've pretty much lost interest in him. Russell does nothing either, so 126 is a waste of a division.

Comment

They will fight him for peanuts, but steady money, as long as they can, until the things we want to see are old and tired and useless. Then they'll feed him to the sharks.

Comment

Will they have to pass drug tests to fight?

Comment

Emanuel Navarrete, will have to work hard to decisively beat or stop Joet Gonzalez ; Shakur Stevenson is the only champion that beat prime Gonzalez -- I dont think the kid has ever been down. After Joet Gonzalez, the WBO has the hot prospect Mark Magsayo who is probably the leading 2021 KOTY vs. Julio Ceja on deck. Line them up.

Comment

My boy Navarette is going to get another win in dominating fashion. This guy isn’t as weak as some other posters think.

Hope this is the start of a build toward navarette getting the winner of Stevenson/Valdez. Although I think Bob will not do it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Emanuel Navarrete, will have to work hard to decisively beat or stop Joet Gonzalez ; Shakur Stevenson is the only champion that beat prime Gonzalez -- I dont think the kid has ever been down. After Joet Gonzalez, the WBO has the hot prospect Mark Magsayo who is probably the leading 2021 KOTY vs. Julio Ceja on deck. Line them up.
                  Um, no. 12 fight Shakur handled brother in law with velvet gloves. Marriaga was a nice comeback, but he's been used and abused. Nothing in Joets resume says, he will sell out a stadium. Magsayo has more appeal, I'm not saying he's better, but he hasn't been toyed with.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Um, no. 12 fight Shakur handled brother in law with velvet gloves. Marriaga was a nice comeback, but he's been used and abused. Nothing in Joets resume says, he will sell out a stadium. Magsayo has more appeal, I'm not saying he's better, but he hasn't been toyed with.

The 'Cowboy' must avenge Ceja and Mexico vs. Mark Magsayo, I think thats where this is headed. I'm expecting Emanuel Navarrete to beat Joet Gonzalez, but I think it will be a fun fight with elements of the sweet-science, some bruising, cuts and maybe knockdowns -- I'm in.

Comment

Working...
                    X