Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ugas: A Lot Of People Say The Cubans Can't Win The Fight Big; I'm Very, Very Proud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Cuban pro fighters should look to him as a role model and never, ever look to Rigondeaux.
    Cubans are coming, younger, stronger and hungrier. Wait until you see the new wave. Morell Jr. Gomez, Pero, Perez, Scull, Fransua.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      A lot people don’t just say…

A lot of people see.

Judges see.

Fans in attendance see.

Some critics can argue all they want about decisions like Canelo-Lara, or Rigondeaux-Casimero. But you can’t go into the big stage fighting like you are at the amateurs or at the gym sparring and expect to get the win while showing the judges that you do not want to engage and getting the fans restless and booing.

Let’s be honest here, this was a very winnable fight for Pacquiao due to Ugas’ lack of volume. In my card, Pacquiao lost by 2 rounds. If Pacquiao pushed himself in just 2 more rounds, he could have won on 1 judge’s scorecard and tied on the other two.

Ugas clearly could not feel Pacquiao’s hardest shots, he was content with staying back and countering, shielding himself, shielding his body, chin, intelligently of course, but still. He could have not gotten the W over an aging, past his best, 42 year old fighter who is ready to retire. Just based on activity.

Cuban fighters, I am sorry, they are very talented, highly difficult stylistically, clearly: but they love laying eggs in big fights. Activity wise. They just want to run, hide, throw 1 punch and land it. Having a 100% connect rate. All 12 of the power punches they throw, land on their opponent. All 12 of them, in 12 rounds. We get it. You are accurate. You are smart. You score points. But if you throw 5 punches per round, land all 5, and your opponent throws 100 punches and lands 3. The judges will favor the guy who threw 100 punches. Because the judges are not seeing any slow motion replay like we do, or live punch stats. To a judge with a bad angle the 100 punches thrown could have looked like 60 landed, when it was only 3.

This is what causes a lot of “robberies”. A lot of robberies are really just that the more active fighter looked better to the judges. And the guy on the run, who landed all 5 of the punches he threw per round, looks scared and like he doesn’t want to be in the ring. Like he is dying to sit back down on the stool and rest. While the active fighter wants a 10 minute round.
      So you think pac won 5 rounds? Let me tell you something, Ugas landed and threw more than 5 punches. The pac tried but couldn't land cleanly. He threw over 800 punches against 400+ from Ugas, and still lost. Lara has been in two fights of the year. That means, if you find a way to cut the ring off, you'll pay for every inch of real estate. Rigondeaux, is too stubborn to understand that, he needs to make the opponents pay, and to be honest, and I don't excusing him at all, they spended too much time in the amateurs. Not their fault but, it is what it is. I invite you to see the new generation of Cuban boxers. Be safe.

Comment

Credit where credit is due: Ugas won comfortably against a boxing great (albeit an old one).

Ugas himself is no spring chicken and I didn't hear too many people bigging him up before the fight, but he sprung the upset, fought a strategically smart fight and got the W. He deserves a measure of credit.

Good luck to him and I hope he has a few more big fights before he himself has to hang 'em up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Cuban pro fighters should look to him as a role model and never, ever look to Rigondeaux.
          Judginh by your nickname in the forum...itīs understandable. Your love for Floyd makes you think Ugas is exciting but he is as boring as Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            A lot people don’t just say…

A lot of people see.

Judges see.

Fans in attendance see.

Some critics can argue all they want about decisions like Canelo-Lara, or Rigondeaux-Casimero. But you can’t go into the big stage fighting like you are at the amateurs or at the gym sparring and expect to get the win while showing the judges that you do not want to engage and getting the fans restless and booing.

Let’s be honest here, this was a very winnable fight for Pacquiao due to Ugas’ lack of volume. In my card, Pacquiao lost by 2 rounds. If Pacquiao pushed himself in just 2 more rounds, he could have won on 1 judge’s scorecard and tied on the other two.

Ugas clearly could not feel Pacquiao’s hardest shots, he was content with staying back and countering, shielding himself, shielding his body, chin, intelligently of course, but still. He could have not gotten the W over an aging, past his best, 42 year old fighter who is ready to retire. Just based on activity.

Cuban fighters, I am sorry, they are very talented, highly difficult stylistically, clearly: but they love laying eggs in big fights. Activity wise. They just want to run, hide, throw 1 punch and land it. Having a 100% connect rate. All 12 of the power punches they throw, land on their opponent. All 12 of them, in 12 rounds. We get it. You are accurate. You are smart. You score points. But if you throw 5 punches per round, land all 5, and your opponent throws 100 punches and lands 3. The judges will favor the guy who threw 100 punches. Because the judges are not seeing any slow motion replay like we do, or live punch stats. To a judge with a bad angle the 100 punches thrown could have looked like 60 landed, when it was only 3.

This is what causes a lot of “robberies”. A lot of robberies are really just that the more active fighter looked better to the judges. And the guy on the run, who landed all 5 of the punches he threw per round, looks scared and like he doesn’t want to be in the ring. Like he is dying to sit back down on the stool and rest. While the active fighter wants a 10 minute round.
            You are right. As a matter of fact, many saw Paquiao win. On Mexican TV for example, all commentators, including JC Chavez Sr, thpught Paquiao won or a draw and called it a robbery and gave the win to the Cuban for political reasons.

Comment

No one is checking for Ugas.. dude is another boring azz Cuban..

Comment

Originally posted by Ry92 View Post

Yup though cause spence def carrys more power pac mightve got marquezed during exchanges imagine that type missing vs spence crawford thurman had pac missed as much vs thurman one time wouldve kept belt. ugas is good beat or tied porter beat an aged pac in spence pass torch fight. Knowing all this welter more interesting now now we need 3 matchups to make porter vs crawford everyone including bud needs know how good really are n fighr a top 5 let alone 10. Ugas vs thurman spence vs any winner of those after he gets an amir khan broner warm up no threat big name good get in shape n test a punch fight for return after which go fight winner on that mini tournament or either champ
                What are you trying to communicate

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post

You are right. As a matter of fact, many saw Paquiao win. On Mexican TV for example, all commentators, including JC Chavez Sr, thpught Paquiao won or a draw and called it a robbery and gave the win to the Cuban for political reasons.
                  Well....they expect to sway some fools, thank God you're not one..

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                    No one is checking for Ugas.. dude is another boring azz Cuban..
                    They are....@ least more than you.....that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post

Judginh by your nickname in the forum...itīs understandable. Your love for Floyd makes you think Ugas is exciting but he is as boring as Rigo.
                      I think he just has eyes for good boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X