Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yordenis Ugas Shocks Manny Pacquiao, Boxes To Unanimous Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yordenis Ugas Shocks Manny Pacquiao, Boxes To Unanimous Decision

By Keith Idec - LAS VEGAS - Yordenis Ugas' unbelievable journey toward realizing the American dream became Hollywood-worthy Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena. The Cuban champion upset Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision in their 12-round welterweight title fight. Ugas, a late replacement for Errol Spence Jr., displayed discipline while consistently landing jabs and counter right hands against a fast but shorter southpaw who had difficulty landing clean punches during his first fight in more than two years.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-22-2021, 03:08 AM.

Eight-division world champion and Philippine Senator Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao and WBA Welterweight World Champion Yordenis Ugas went face-to-face Friday at the official weigh-in before they meet in the highly anticipated FOX Sports PBC Pay-Per-View main event this Saturday, August 21 from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

The pay-per-view begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT as Pacquiao, already a legend in the sport, can break his own record as the oldest fighter to ever win a welterweight championship, while Ugas looks to take advantage of the biggest opportunity of his career in his first world title defense.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Who you got, bro?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Who you got, bro?
          Yordenis Ugas, is too gun-shy and flat-footed. Manny Pacquiao is the opposite, superior hand-speed, and lite on his feet. This fight reminds me of Joshua Clottey, I would say Manny by KO, but he might have compassion for Yordenis, like Brandon Rios and I like Clottey, Yordenis will shell-up for a pay-day -- not enough conviction. Manny Pacquiao for the win, all judges should agree by rendering a unanimous-decision.

Who do you got?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Yordenis Ugas, is too gun-shy and flat-footed. Manny Pacquiao is the opposite, superior hand-speed, and lite on his feet. This fight reminds me of Joshua Clottey, I would say Manny by KO, but he might have compassion for Yordenis, like Brandon Rios and I like Clottey, Yordenis will shell-up for a pay-day -- not enough conviction. Manny Pacquiao for the win, all judges should agree by rendering a unanimous-decision.

Who do you got?
            I don't really expect much from either. 50/50. The undercard fights might surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I don't really expect much from either. 50/50. The undercard fights might surprise.
              I'm going to keep it 100 with you BIG, I'm going to be asleep for this event. The undercard has a bunch of come-forward toe-to-toe sluggers, the type that casual fans enjoy watching ; such crude thoughtless violence bores me.

There is a lack of strategy, ring-generalship and defensives excellence to appreciate these mediocre showcase fights. I think I'm going to replay Guillermo Rigondeux make John Riel Casimero look silly one more time.
              BendOver BendOver likes this.

Comment

War Boxing!

Comment

I thought Spence was going to win had the fight went through but I think Pac can take Ugas. Give me Pac by decision
                  Last edited by Gamer30168; 08-21-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Ill take Pac by split decision.

Also, on ESPNEWS they are playing Pacquiao Marquez 1 right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X