Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Fowler Takes Out Mueller, Sets Up Liam Smith Clash For October 9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Fowler Takes Out Mueller, Sets Up Liam Smith Clash For October 9

Anthony Fowler kept his winning run going as he geared up for a potential all-Liverpool battle with Liam Smith on October 9 as he battered Rico Mueller, from Germany, to defeat in the eighth round at Fight Camp in Brentwood, Essex.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wasn't there an article maybe a little more than a week ago where team Tszyu mentioned Beefy Smith being one of three names they were actively looking to land a fight with? Too bad as it sounded like it coulda been an entertaining fight. Smith took 12 rds worth of some massive looking Mungia shots and never stopped fighting to win.

Comment

Smith stops Fowler IMO.
      Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Smith stops Fowler IMO.
        He should win I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

He should win I agree
          If I can’t get out to Vegas for Fury-Wilder I’ll definitely go to this fight. Bit gutted it’s on the same day tbh. Merseyside derby’s generally deliver inside the ring, I could see this being a war.

Comment

I agree that Smith wins in a firefight, too deep of waters for Fowler, would have preferred to see him fight Conway or Metcalf
            RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/LiamBeefy...56339734687751

Got a good feeling the build up will be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

If I can’t get out to Vegas for Fury-Wilder I’ll definitely go to this fight. Bit gutted it’s on the same day tbh. Merseyside derby’s generally deliver inside the ring, I could see this being a war.
                You should check it out. Should be fun.

Hey, what'd I say about Leigh Wood vs Xu Can?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

You should check it out. Should be fun.

Hey, what'd I say about Leigh Wood vs Xu Can?
                  I got that one so wrong.

Fair play for Wood though, great performance, puts himself right in the mix at 126. I’d like to see him face the Lara-Warrington winner. Dickens-Galahad winner is obviously an option too.

Comment

I like the Smith/Fowler fight, all-Merseyside clashes are usually intense. They were already talking up the north Liverpool/South Liverpool thing on the show last night. I'm Liverpool 8 but I'll probably be rooting for Smith, even though I do like watching Fowler.

There are some good domestic fights in and around 154; Cheeseman, Fowler, Fitzgerald, Metcalf, Eggington, Conway, Sheeraz. It's a bit of a surprise to see Smith amongst them as I thought he beat Kurbanov in his last outing and showed that he still had some left in the tank. There were those rumours of a Tszyu fight also.
                    Last edited by Chrismart; 08-01-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X