Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Beating Spence Would Be Special To Me, To Show I Can Still Compete at Highest Level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Beating Spence Would Be Special To Me, To Show I Can Still Compete at Highest Level

Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao is only a few weeks away from his pay-per-view showdown with WBC, IBF welterweight king Errol Spence. The contest takes place on August 21 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Beating spence isn't a great win. It's a special win. Special wins are reserved for wins that shouldn't happen, as the record/history books tell us they don't usually happen, and not surprisingly are above just great wins. If Bud beat Spence, Bud would like people to consider it a great win when all is said and done. And it likely would be considered great. Duran beating SRL or Ali beating frasier are great wins.
    Special wins are wins that shouldn't happen because the history books show it doesn't happen, and the record books don't lie, until you rewrite the record books and history.
    To rip up the script you need big cojones. Not everyone has bull size cojones like Pac has.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 07-30-2021, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Hard work hard work hard work

Comment

Love pacquaio but it’s gonna be manny down next month father time is undefeated

Comment

It will be very impressive if Pac pulls this off. I think Spence gets the stoppage in a great fight while it lasts.

Comment

The problem I have with this fight is even if pacquiao beats spence will he be able to the decison? I don’t think so. Even though he got the session against thurman, pacquiao has stated this might be his last fight. PBC won’t allow Spence to lose and all u have to do is look at the Castano/charlo decison.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Beating spence isn't a great win. It's a special win. Special wins are reserved for wins that shouldn't happen, as the record/history books tell us they don't usually happen, and not surprisingly are above just great wins. If Bud beat Spence, Bud would like people to consider it a great win when all is said and done. And it likely would be considered great. Duran beating SRL or Ali beating frasier are great wins.
              Special wins are wins that shouldn't happen because the history books show it doesn't happen, and the record books don't lie, until you rewrite the record books and history.
              To rip up the script you need big cojones. Not everyone has bull size cojones like Pac has.
              Well said - there's a lot to like about a guy like Spence, for the sport. Talented, respectful, with a frame that could handle a move up to 154 and compete perhaps. But man, could you imagine seeing Pacquiao dig deep and KO him? Imagine the jump-out-of-your-seat kind of hype that'd bring! My brain is with Spence but my heart is with Manny. It's rare you get to witness a special win and I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping we get to

Comment

100% I'm going with my guy Spence but if the active living legend Pacquiao pulls this off he should retire and enjoy his family and fruit from his boxing career up in the top 10 to ever lace up the gloves and dance in the boxing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                  Love pacquaio but it’s gonna be manny down next month father time is undefeated
                  I like that. Too bad Spence is more humble now.

#MANnyDown

Comment

Working...
                  X