Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joyce: Takam Hurt Me Mildly; I'm As Tough As They Come; Weathered Storm & Fired Right Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post

I agree....however I really don't think he has an incredible chin or jab....I really think its just the opponents he's fighting.....Joe Joyce better stay in Europe and keep beating the bums over there because the second he ventures off to face an American his dreams are gonna be all over.....even the Charles martins and Bermaine Stivernes of the world might be too much for him. He's that slow and inaccurate.
    20 years ago I would agree but in 2021 all the good would be heavyweights from the USA are not defensive ends, running backs, linebackers, safety’s, quarterbacks, guards, and power forwards in NFL and NBA. From here on in it will be rare to see a good heavyweight from the USA because big athletes here make more money in other sports without getting their heads beat in for small coin

Comment

Any heavyweight fighter with a chin like that is dangerous, even if they are not a huge puncher, which Joyce isn’t, but if he can weather the storm against any big hitters such as Wilder or Joshua, then he may stand a chance to last the distance and win on points OR stop them in the later rounds, probably due to them being exhausted. Look how dangerous Vitali Klitschko, Ray Mercer and Oliver McCall were, all had solid chins, but granted, these guys were much bigger punchers than Joyce…
      Straightener Straightener likes this.

Comment

He'd do well to study some of the more unorthodox moves by George Foreman, as well as the way he threw his shots, both pre- and post-comeback, I think. I can see some similarities in their approach.

Comment

I knew Takam hurt him, and obviously, it will be more than he said as fighters never admit to being hurt. Credit to Joyce though, at 4-1 down, he landed a good punch, then after Takam had completely recovered, Joyce tagged in his tag-team partner A-Star, and he did the rest. A-Star is one of the best finishes in boxing. Nash out - Speaking sense 24/7.

Comment

If you study your performances, why don't u ever turn your punches over?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              He’s just too slow and he doesn’t move his head. The sense is the big three would have too much for him. However, he does seem to have a chin that may be approaching Ray Mercer territory and that jab is killer
              Not sure that’s accurate. Watch the Dubios fight again - Joyce is really light on his feet and his footwork kept him at range so he could pump that jab out. Against Takam he stayed on top of him due to the size difference and he wasn’t going to stop him with a jab. Timing beats speed and Joyce has caught up with pretty much everyone he’s fought. Heavies slow down significantly after the first few rounds. Joyce doesn’t and that’s when he catches them. I suspect he’ll stop Joshua and could outbox Fury. He does ride shots really well if you watch him closely and he’ll take one to land one more so than most on the scene at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post

Not sure that’s accurate. Watch the Dubios fight again - Joyce is really light on his feet and his footwork kept him at range so he could pump that jab out. Against Takam he stayed on top of him due to the size difference and he wasn’t going to stop him with a jab. Timing beats speed and Joyce has caught up with pretty much everyone he’s fought. Heavies slow down significantly after the first few rounds. Joyce doesn’t and that’s when he catches them. I suspect he’ll stop Joshua and could outbox Fury. He does ride shots really well if you watch him closely and he’ll take one to land one more so than most on the scene at the moment.
                Im sorry he good but he cant do that.Joshua footwork is miles better than Joyce and Joshua has speed and timing which will frustrate JOyce.Also Fury would outbox him exactly how he boxed klistcko and klistcko was much more of a threat,

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

20 years ago I would agree but in 2021 all the good would be heavyweights from the USA are not defensive ends, running backs, linebackers, safety’s, quarterbacks, guards, and power forwards in NFL and NBA. From here on in it will be rare to see a good heavyweight from the USA because big athletes here make more money in other sports without getting their heads beat in for small coin
                  not by the looks of it rabbi. they are getting getting put down face first by youtubers and fat south americans guys in mma

Comment

Originally posted by boxinglife8 View Post

Im sorry he good but he cant do that.Joshua footwork is miles better than Joyce and Joshua has speed and timing which will frustrate JOyce.Also Fury would outbox him exactly how he boxed klistcko and klistcko was much more of a threat,
                    I’d agree for a couple of rounds. Watch the Dubios fight again and I think you’ll be surprised how light on his feet Joyce is. Background in gymnastics and dancing like Loma. Joshua gets very tired very quick and Joyce has a great chin. I can see him catching up with Joshua.

Comment

He's a boxer; hurt me a a little translates to he hurt me A LOT

Comment

Working...
                      X