Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: Plant Doesn't Pose A Threat To Canelo, Has No Punching Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez: Plant Doesn't Pose A Threat To Canelo, Has No Punching Power

David Benavidez thinks Caleb Plant's tendency to fade late in fights and his lack of power will cost him in a potential fight against boxing kingpin Canelo Alvarez. Plant and Alvarez are reportedly in the preliminary stages of hashing out a deal to fight in September, which would be for all four belts in the super middleweight division. Alvarez owns the WBC, WBO, and WBA titles, while Plant owns the IBF version.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Plant may be a victim of his own athleticism and the fact that he may overtrain for his fights. He is also clearly a big super middleweight who could comfortably fight at light heavyweight. I do agree that plant moves too much too early, I think that’s why he faded in the late rounds with Uzcategui, but also that has to die with Uzcategui’ punching power, size, and strength. But to say plant can’t punch is silly, when he sits down on his punches he can anf his check left hook is beautiful. Does he have any more or less power proportionally than Lara, Mayweather, trout etc?

Comment

The danger that Plant pose's is with his size and boxing skills. I do agree that Plant's lack of power will be a problem with Canelo, because let's face it, Plant can box, and will give Canelo some rounds, maybe win a few, but he's not as slick as Mayweather, or Lara. Anything can happen in boxing, fighters can have bad nights, but I fully expect Canelo to win. I thought Saunders is much more trickier than Plant, just for the simple fact that he's a South Paw, and if you ever fought or spared with a lefty, they do everything backwards and it's frustrating, and Canelo handled him, so I expect the same result in this fight. Looking forward to it regardless.
      batista84 batista84 likes this.

Comment

I've said it all along and still believe it. If Plant has the fight of his life he can win but that's the only way he does. Canelo will constantly pressuring him and Plant will have to be perfect for 12 rounds. I'm rooting for Plant but thinking Canelo has it.

Comment

Benavidez talks sht about everybody except for clenelo.Maybe if he begged like he did for Charlo then clenelo won't duck

Comment

If one looks at Plant's victories, it's been easy and he boxes smoothly. The question mark is that he hasn't fought and beaten the high level of opponents that Canelo has.

He would need to box and pile up points without making a big mistake, and then he can win. If he makes an error as Saunders did, then he could be badly hurt and stopped. I think he's better than Saunders though.
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I see plant winning several rounds boxing on the outside.....Alvarez has slow feet.

Alvarez still wins the fight.

Comment

I wish Benavidez was fighting Jacobs, or Morrell Jr., instead of Uzcategui!
                Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

This is what I’ve always said about Benevidez! He’s too in love with his power and has holes as gaping as Swiss cheese. He hasn’t faced an elite counter puncher in his career and he leaves himself WIDE OPEN a great deal. He lunges and loops with his shots. An elite body puncher and boxer will frustrate him to no end. I like the guy but he is slow and other than his power he doesn’t pose a threat. A pure boxer with some power can beat this guy handily.

Comment

I’m in agreement with Benavidez, because Plant is a solid dude who has beautiful punches, fast hands and good feet. Conditioning is key but Plant also needs body work and not get hit with dumb shots himself because Canelo has heavy hands not a devastating puncher but shots that take a toll. I would continue to watch footage of Floyd, that’s the blueprint but Canelo is much better and stronger and really brings pressure so in saying that, Plant has so much to overcome but he has to follow Floyd blueprint and be in the best dam shape of his life.

Comment

Working...
                    X