Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Vol 1)The UK legends that never was.....Kell Brook/Amir Khan.........who had more potential???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Vol 1)The UK legends that never was.....Kell Brook/Amir Khan.........who had more potential???

Starting a new series here where i examine very good fighters who I feel didn't quite reach there full potential......
    Who had more potential????
    I always thought Kell brook stayed in the UK way to long and he should of stepped up and fought bradley when he was champ years before porter....
    I always felt khan should of never fought Lamont peterson, after the zudah fight(his best work IMO) he was on top of the world and it was talks of him fighting mike jones at welter for a vacant strap, man o man, that would of secured the mayweather fight shortly after if he would of gotten that title......
    I could type all day about these two guys but i would like to hear your opinions on there careers? What should they have done/not done etc

Brook because he had a better chin, which isn't saying much.

Comment

Definitely Khan imo. He got too Hollywood and wanted to cut less weight fighting at 147+. I thought he should have fought tooth and nail to get a Garcia rematch. I mean he was whooping his @ss before he got caught. He had another good run before cashing out with Canelo at 155 and facing Crawford where it all came crashing down again.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
        Brook because he had a better chin, which isn't saying much.
        Brooks had great skills and was far more the natural IMO........He turned pro very early at 18 and pretty much wasted away in england for the next 8+ years brooks, kell was talanted enough that he should of been state side working with our trainers improving getting better and fighting much better competetion, he basically fought almost nobody for the first eight years of his career. His first real step up fight against carson jones was 8+ years into his career, lol how slow can you move a guy geez........

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
          Definitely Khan imo. He got too Hollywood and wanted to cut less weight fighting at 147+. I thought he should have fought tooth and nail to get a Garcia rematch. I mean he was whooping his @ss before he got caught. He had another good run before cashing out with Canelo at 155 and facing Crawford where it all came crashing down again.
          Yeah he was beating danny easy, I agree before he got caught........he should of really got that rematch.......

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
            Starting a new series here where i examine very good fighters who I feel didn't quite reach there full potential......
            Who had more potential????
            I always thought Kell brook stayed in the UK way to long and he should of stepped up and fought bradley when he was champ years before porter....
            I always felt khan should of never fought Lamont peterson, after the zudah fight(his best work IMO) he was on top of the world and it was talks of him fighting mike jones at welter for a vacant strap, man o man, that would of secured the mayweather fight shortly after if he would of gotten that title......
            I could type all day about these two guys but i would like to hear your opinions on there careers? What should they have done/not done etc
            Brook 100%. he took Shawn Porter's 0 in a great performance ans he had a chin and power. he was cut from the American mould in that he was content to fight bums for nearly all his career.

him taking the GGG fight was possibly the worst match making decision in boxing history. ruin him

Comment

Brooks had great skills and was far more the natural IMO........He turned pro very early at 18 and pretty much wasted away in england for the next 8+ years brooks, kell was talanted enough that he should of been state side working with our trainers improving getting better and fighting much better competetion, he basically fought almost nobody for the first eight years of his career. His first real step up fight against carson jones was 8+ years into his career, lol how slow can you move a guy geez........
              I can only give credit if the resume is legit. Khan had better opponents that resulted in some hysterical outcomes. Brook truly did waste away his prime. Not saying he would have owned the div, but he could have been a player. Khan's chin would never have let him have a long reign in any div.

Comment

Yeah he was beating danny easy, I agree before he got caught........he should of really got that rematch.......
                There are W's, L's, D's, ND's, DQ's, NC's, KO's and TKO's...Almost's ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Brook 100%. he took Shawn Porter's 0 in a great performance ans he had a chin and power. he was cut from the American mould in that he was content to fight bums for nearly all his career.

him taking the GGG fight was possibly the worst match making decision in boxing history. ruin him
                  You think he could of beat a prime bradley for the strap??????? I do.

Comment

You think he could of beat a prime bradley for the strap??????? I do.
                    Not sure. Could have stunk up the joint and would likely have been America. It woukd have been close and gone Bradley's way most likely

Comment

Working...
                    X