Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under the radar: 60/40 split proves Porter was right all along

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by andocom View Post

    Where did you come up with 80/20 split for purse bids? Both are American fighters fighting in America?
    Wbo rules say its its normally 80/20(as per Boxingscene article).(country doesn't matter)

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by kushking View Post

      Wbo rules say its its normally 80/20(as per Boxingscene article).(country doesn't matter)
      Ah OK, I was going by the WBO rules, which state the standard is 75-25% if in champions home country or neutral, 80-20 if not in champions home country.

      That must have changed, maybe I was looking at an old version.
      Last edited by andocom; 07-22-2021, 11:39 PM.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by andocom View Post

        Where did you come up with 80/20 split for purse bids? Both are American fighters fighting in America?
        Its because Buds super champ that it would've been 80/20:

        In any of the situations described in Section 14(e)(1) above and a purse bid takes place, the division shall not be greater than 80/20 in any case and shall be calculated by the Championship Committee using a ratio based upon the average purse of each fighter’s last three.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by kushking View Post
          All throughout negotiations everyone was saying Porter was asking for too much dough but he gets the last laugh in the end despite how many were defaming him. The WBO(bobs world) looked at each fighters last 3 fights & decided their multiple weight super champion only deserves 60% instead of the normal 80%,due to how much each made.
          He WAS asking for too much, as evidenced by the fact that the fight didnt get made. Now whether or not YOU thought Porter was being reasonable, it seems Bob didnt, and there you have it........

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

            He WAS asking for too much, as evidenced by the fact that the fight didnt get made. Now whether or not YOU thought Porter was being reasonable, it seems Bob didnt, and there you have it........
            How was he asking for too much when the WBO themselves determined Porter deserved far more than the paltry pittance he was being offered? 40% means several million,not the less than 1 mil everyone was saying he needed to accept(which was likely less than 20% the WBO gives bums in mandatory fights.)

            I know it wasn't mandatory yet,but thats the pt,Bud/Bob could've avoided giving Porter 40% & not had to worry about purse bid going to Pbc.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by kushking View Post

              How was he asking for too much when the WBO themselves determined Porter deserved far more than the paltry pittance he was being offered? 40% means several million,not the less than 1 mil everyone was saying he needed to accept(which was likely less than 20% the WBO gives bums in mandatory fights.)

              I know it wasn't mandatory yet,but thats the pt,Bud/Bob could've avoided giving Porter 40% & not had to worry about purse bid going to Pbc.
              The WBO simply compared past purses to determine the appropriate split. Has nothing to do with whether or not they thought $1 million was too low. At the time, its wasnt worth more than that to TR, which is why the fight didnt get made.

              And I doubt Bob is worried about this going to bid. If the rumors are true about Crawford leaving TR after this fight, then Bob losing the bid to Hearn or PBC would be the best thing that could happen to him.......

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by kushking View Post

                Its because Buds super champ that it would've been 80/20:

                In any of the situations described in Section 14(e)(1) above and a purse bid takes place, the division shall not be greater than 80/20 in any case and shall be calculated by the Championship Committee using a ratio based upon the average purse of each fighter’s last three.
                So actually the rule is not 80/20 which just sets the lower limit for the challenger but is in fact dependent on the ratio of their last 3 (official) purses.Interesting..

                Basically it's come out as 60 / 40 because Buds earned 50% more than Porter over their last 3 if I'm understanding it right.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  No, it proves everyone right who said Crawford deserves a 50-50 split with Spence.

                  Crawford is getting a bigger split against Porter than Spence got.
                  How much crack did you smoke before posting this?

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

                    Spence has earned $8 million for one fight before. Crawford hasn't.

                    Spence has headlined multiple successful pay-per-views. Crawford hasn't.

                    Crawford, as WBO champion, was entitled to 80% of a purse bid. However, he's earned so little compared to Spence, that he had his purse reduced, even against Spence's left overs.
                    Successful PPVs being Mikey Garcia? The 300k PPV? Man, the term successful don't mean what it used to mean.
                    joesaiditstrue likes this.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

                      So actually the rule is not 80/20 which just sets the lower limit for the challenger but is in fact dependent on the ratio of their last 3 (official) purses.Interesting..

                      Basically it's come out as 60 / 40 because Buds earned 50% more than Porter over their last 3 if I'm understanding it right.
                      Yes its usually 80/20 when Buds Super champ,but in this case they averaged out the last 3 fights & determined that Bud earned 20% more than Porter in last 3 fights. (they also round up if its say 17% for example)
                      under super champs rules:

                      (2) In any of the situations described in Section 14(e)(1) above and a purse bid takes place, the division shall not be greater than 80/20 in any case and shall be calculated by the Championship Committee using a ratio based upon the average purse of each fighter’s last three (3) fights. The WBO may rely upon the purses reported to the WBO on the WBO Participant’s Promoter’s receipts for the fights that are used to calculate the Purse Division for this purpose. By way of example, if contestant A has had his last 3 purses of $1,000,000, $500,000, and $400,000 (a total of $1,900,000) and contestant B has had his last 3 purses of 1,000,000, $2,000,000, and $2,500,000 (a total of $5,500,000), the purse division would be $1,900,000/$7,400,000 or 25.68% for contestant A and

                      $5,500,000/$7,400.00 or 74.32% for contestant B. If by way of further example, if contestant A has had his last 3 purses of $500,000, $400,000, and $300,000 (a total of $1,200,000) and contestant B has had his last 3 purses of 1,000,000, $2,000,000, and $2,500,000 (a total of $5,500,000) the purse division would be

                      20% for contestant A and 80% for contestant B (as the ratio of the purses is $1,200,000/$6.700,000 or 17.91% for contestant A to $5,500,000/$6,700,000 or 82.09% for contestant B and the purse division cannot be more that 80/20. (f) LOSS OF PRIVILEGES
                      Last edited by kushking; 07-23-2021, 04:41 AM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP