Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: When We Run It Back, There Will Be No Doubt About Result Of Castano Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Why are you unable to give Castano credit? Why is it "Charlo didn't do XYZ" and not "Charlo couldn't do XYZ?"

also, pretty sure you said the first was gonna be an easy win for him
    funny thing is that in the rematch with harrison he fought just like the first time. and if you watch the castaņo fight, the rounds where he got hurt, he was pushing the action and got caught 'cause he got a little to careless. i think a rematch would play just like the first time, it all depends if brian can stay away from those counters like most of the fight or charlo can finish the job this time wich he couldn't the first time around
    Rip Chudd Rip Chudd likes this.

Comment

If Charlo just throws more and keeps Castano on the outside he should win, but Castano is allowed some changes too so Iīm not putting my house on it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Why are you unable to give Castano credit? Why is it "Charlo didn't do XYZ" and not "Charlo couldn't do XYZ?"

also, pretty sure you said the first was gonna be an easy win for him
        I was rooting for Castano. He’s good but nothing special. Poor mans Porter except Porter is very dangerous to even elite fighters.

Comment

I hear/see ya talking Charlo, let’s see the rematch. Nothing else matters at this point in your career, unfinished business

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

funny thing is that in the rematch with harrison he fought just like the first time. and if you watch the castaņo fight, the rounds where he got hurt, he was pushing the action and got caught 'cause he got a little to careless. i think a rematch would play just like the first time, it all depends if brian can stay away from those counters like most of the fight or charlo can finish the job this time wich he couldn't the first time around
            He got outboxed even worse in the second fight with Harrison.

But yeah, he's gonna totally adapt.

Comment

I thought Charlo would beat Castano, but I was appalled by Jermell's weak effort. He didn't deserve a draw. Looking intimidating like you're about to throw a big punch isn't the same as throwing a big punch. After talking all week about being Hall of Fame worthy and how he should be on people's pound for pound list.....he demonstrated why he isn't worthy of these accolades.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                I thought Charlo would beat Castano, but I was appalled by Jermell's weak effort. He didn't deserve a draw. Looking intimidating like you're about to throw a big punch isn't the same as throwing a big punch. After talking all week about being Hall of Fame worthy and how he should be on people's pound for pound list.....he demonstrated why he isn't worthy of these accolades.
                This. Perfectly put.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

I was rooting for Castano. He’s good but nothing special. Poor mans Porter except Porter is very dangerous to even elite fighters.
                  a poor man's porter? the guy who felt short in every one of his big fights? brook, spence and thurman? castaņo was robbed last saturday, porter, although competitive, lost all those fights.

greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Gotta commend Jermell for his statement. Very humble and very classy. Proving again his growth as a human as much as being a fighter. I haven’t heard one excuse from him so far.

Also, I don’t want to leave Castanõ without credit. He fought incredibly Saturday night and in my opinion deserved the decision. I personally appreciate the show both guys gave us! Left a piece of themselves in the ring that night. Nothing but respect for both warriors.
                    #MellIsMyFavoriteTwin

Comment

Originally posted by patrick_p View Post
                      I have no doubt about who won the first and it wasn't Charlo.

If he had fought like the 9-12 rds for at least half of the fight he could have rightfully and not Haymon style be declared the winner. In a rematch both will make adjustments and i can't pick a favorite to win.
                      Castaņo only knows one way to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X