Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux vs Andrade, 60-11 Veteran on 9/18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know and train with Erik "The Viking" Leander, so I think I'm gonna attend this event!! I imagine that nobody knows who he is. It'll be interesting to see how he's improved with his new trainer. He used to be a slobberknocker with hardly any technique, throwing wild punches...he got a new trainer and they've been working a lot on having him actually box. He's changed his stance, restrained himself from being all wild...it'll be interesting, at least for me, to see how he's progressed. As for the other guys on the card, I don't really follow Cuban boxers so...meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
      Rigo is moved pretty fast, plus hes training with Roach, im shure this guy will go far!!! A good card with lots of cuban talent!
      Roach said this guy would beat Izzy and Marquez if he fought them now. Coming from Roach, that means a ton for a guy with 2 fights. Rigondeaux is the real deal and as long as he stays dedicated, he's going to be a champ

Comment

Let's go rigooooooooooooooooo

Comment

i thought mark breland was the best amatuer ever

Comment

Is this gonna be televised on U.S. TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
              Pretty good fight for him this early. I don't get how beating Andrade will make him within the top 5 best in the world?
              check his amateur background you'll understand

Comment

All that amatuer experience has translated nicely to the pros. They sure are moving him fast.

Comment

I saw Rigondeaux's pro debut and I gotta say I was less than impressed... There's so much hype surrounding this guy that people tend to forget that prize fighting is a whole new ball-game.

The guy's almost 30 years old, he's been fighting as an amateur for what... 15 or 20 years or so...

I'm anxious to see what happens, but if you ask me, I think his ship has sailed... no pun intended...

Comment

Originally posted by onedream722 View Post
                    check his amateur background you'll understand
                    Understand what?

is the kid (hell he isnt even a kid he is 28!) talented? yes but lets not start putting superlatives on him based solely on what he did in the ammys and two crappy pro fights. It's like saying Aroldis Chapman is already one of the best pitchers in the world when we really do not know until he faces the best day in and day out

saw some flaws for someone who is supposed to already knocking on the door of being one of the best in his division let alone boxing

Comment

Originally posted by GJaime99 View Post
                      I saw Rigondeaux's pro debut and I gotta say I was less than impressed... There's so much hype surrounding this guy that people tend to forget that prize fighting is a whole new ball-game.

The guy's almost 30 years old, he's been fighting as an amateur for what... 15 or 20 years or so...

I'm anxious to see what happens, but if you ask me, I think his ship has sailed... no pun intended...
                      finally someone who doesn't buy into this great big circle jerk

Comment

Working...
                      X