Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morrell: I Would Love To Fight Again At The Armory; With Crowd We Just Had, Would Be Smart Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Morrell: I Would Love To Fight Again At The Armory; With Crowd We Just Had, Would Be Smart Move

David Morrell Jr. is still buzzing over the hometown reception he enjoyed in his most recent ring appearance. The unbeaten WBA "World" super middleweight titlist enjoyed a main event slot at The Armory in Minneapolis, where he now lives and trains. The venue served as the site for his pro debut and also his first title defense, which saw Morrell (5-0, 4KOs) register a first-round knockout of Mexico's Mario Cazares (12-1, 5KOs) atop the June 27 edition of Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Fox.
    [Click Here To Read More]

keep on training young man, keep yourself in shape and don't waste your youth in drugs and alcohol. Boxing has a very small window and it is a short career.
    Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

Keep fighting those empty shirts. You're doing very well.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
        I don't get it. Are you criticizing the kid for fighting a 15-6 in his second fight, 22-0 in his third one, 26-3 in his 4th and 12-0 in fifth? Really? And now in negotiation with ryder for his next one.

Comment

Really digged the support he got out there. He needs to continue fighting at the Armory for as long as he could until he is ready to take it to a bigger arena.

First up is Ryder though, and that fight is likely in the UK. So get ready to travel young man!
          BendOver BendOver likes this.

Comment

I'm a fan. The boy lets them hands go. He's always looking for an opening to attack, even as he backs up or circles away from his opponent. He doesn't wait for something to happen, he makes it happen. This is how u box right here

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
              I'm a fan. The boy lets them hands go. He's always looking for an opening to attack, even as he backs up or circles away from his opponent. He doesn't wait for something to happen, he makes it happen. This is how u box right here
              He has good fundamentals, after all he was an standout amateur, but by the same token he didn't stay too long. He defected at 19 years old, was on the shelve for over a year. And has look really good from the get go. Unlike Lara and Rigondeaux, he doesn't have ingrained the amateur style. Still, I think Lara and Rigondeaux would have being defense oriented first, even if they had defected at 15 years old. I seen fighters get the dog out of Rigondeaux and Lara, and they can fight. Lara for being labeled as a boring and a runner, has been in two fights of the year. You are lucky if you get nominated for one in your career. Imagine two and he is not a brawler. It takes two to tango.
              Last edited by BendOver; 07-19-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
                No shirts required on fight night. Only 5 fights and can rightly call himself a CHAMP with opponents
                approved by promoters, fight venue, belt organization and events sold out. Many great fights to come.
                I predict David will eventually earn your respect .

Comment

Originally posted by Bornboxingfan View Post

No shirts required on fight night. Only 5 fights and can rightly call himself a CHAMP with opponents
                  approved by promoters, fight venue, belt organization and events sold out. Many great fights to come.
                  I predict David will eventually earn your respect .
                  No he won't. He is a hater or a troll.

Comment

Working...
                  X