Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: It's A Good Thing I Was Off For Two Years; Feel Hungry, Dedicated To My Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: It's A Good Thing I Was Off For Two Years; Feel Hungry, Dedicated To My Training

[Click Here To Read More]

this fight is a damn joke, a 45 year old who hasnt fought in 2 years, if spence doesnt get him out of there within 6 rounds he should hang his head in shame. fight the best! not fighters who are a good 10 years past their prime!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      this fight is a damn joke, a 45 year old who hasnt fought in 2 years, if spence doesnt get him out of there within 6 rounds he should hang his head in shame. fight the best! not fighters who are a good 10 years past their prime!!!!!!
      ————-
      I’d agree with you that at 42, PAC cannot beat Spence, however, your statement that PAC “is 10 years past his prime” must be given context as well.
      In his “prime” PAC fought guys that were coming off losses (Clottey, Mosley, Rios, Broner, Mathysse etc) or catchweight Cotto, Algieri, Marquez and Margarito (he was also coming to off a KO loss to Mosley).

PAC should be respected for taking on Spence but such a challenge would have mattered if PAC was doing them 10 years ago. He gets KO’d by Spence and his Tagalog rabid fans will defend it. As always, PAC has never lost

Comment

Rust can definitely be an issue, you don't want to be rusty against Spence. Manny is experienced so it might not be as bad, we will see. I will say, I think Spence is finally feeling the affects of Making 147, you could see a bit in his last fights, I think he would be more powerful at 154.
        Last edited by Greenfield02; 07-12-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          what a fake ass post. You know good and dam well you want Spence to lose.

Comment

2 years with no testing will certainly revitalise a 42 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              what a fake ass post. You know good and dam well you want Spence to lose.
              i would find it hilarious if spence loses but its not going to happen, hes been circling round pacquiao like a vulture round a rotting carcass because hes an old man with a big name. its just pathetic the losers on here who are trying to hype this up so they make out spence has some legendary win under his belt when he should be fighting young champs not old fighters who dont know when to give it up. whos spence going to fight after this, oscar de la hoya? more fool you or any fan who pays for this crap

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                ————-
                I’d agree with you that at 42, PAC cannot beat Spence, however, your statement that PAC “is 10 years past his prime” must be given context as well.
                In his “prime” PAC fought guys that were coming off losses (Clottey, Mosley, Rios, Broner, Mathysse etc) or catchweight Cotto, Algieri, Marquez and Margarito (he was also coming to off a KO loss to Mosley).

PAC should be respected for taking on Spence but such a challenge would have mattered if PAC was doing them 10 years ago. He gets KO’d by Spence and his Tagalog rabid fans will defend it. As always, PAC has never lost
                You are ignoring the fact that Pac proved over and over again that he was willing to take on the biggest challenges despite being the heavy underdog in many of his fights.

He was such a heavy underdog that nobody gave Manny who was coming from lightweight and jumping 2 divisions for a chance to fight De La Hoya who was coming from junior middleweight to fight just one division lower at welterweight and betting odds at Las Vegas was such that Freddie Roach joked that he couldn't get a bet for Manny since they closed it down already. Manny defied the odds and forced Oscar to retire instead.

It was the same when he kept on jumping divisions and taking on favored bigger and heavier opponents like Cotto and Margarito and beating them so thoroughly that you couldn't recognize them after their fights.

He was also the underdog when the largely unknown Pac took a fight on 2 weeks notice against champion Ledwaba during Manny's first fight in the US for the IBF super bantamweight championship and knocked Ledwaba out or when he took on the popular Mexican junior lightweight champion and all time great Barrera in front of a hostile crowd and forced Barrera's corner to throw in the towel to stop his fighter from taking on further punishment.

He proved that once again when he took on and defeated the favored undefeated and much bigger Thurman at 40 y.o. and now against a prime Spence who is the overwhelming favorite to win this match even though Manny is now 42 y.o. where he is again giving the advantage to his much bigger opponent in terms of height, weight, reach and age.

Manny has a habit of defying the odds so you can never rule him out even against an overwhelming favorite like Errol Spence.
                Last edited by cjeagle1; 07-12-2021, 05:28 PM.
                Rapscallion likes this.

Comment

Spence is going to hurt this man and it’s going to be a sad thing to watch. But it’s something that pac fans need to see in order to accept reality. The time has cometh.
                  mxtali likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                    Rust can definitely be an issue, you don't want to be rusty against Spence. Manny is experienced so it might not be as bad, we will see. I will say, I think Spence is finally feeling the affects of Making 147, you could see a bit in his last fights, I think he would be more powerful at 154.
                    Not with an ATG at this stage of his career, there will be no rust he don't need regular fights he needs to preserve and peak his body.

Comment

Working...
                    X