Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire is Driven, Motivated To Fight His Way To Rematch With Inoue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire is Driven, Motivated To Fight His Way To Rematch With Inoue

Nonito Donaire isn't merely viewing John Riel Casimero as his chance to unfiy, but rather a next step on the road to bantamweight supremacy. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com, the WBC/WBO bantamweight title between the pair of hard-hitting Filipinos is officially set for August 14.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So the casimero fight is back on? Great to know. Looks like he is free from PBC if he beats Casimero. Which would be great but i would be shocked if that is the case, fighting Inoue for the other belt would be massive, as i doubt PBC would ever unify with Inoue giving their policy.

Comment

Nonito Donaire threatens to withdraw from John Riel Casimero unification over VADA spat
      June 18, 2021

Less than two weeks after initially coming together, Nonito Donaire’s August 14th bantamweight unification match with John Riel Casimero has already hit rough waters. The two camps, specifically Donaire’s wife and manager Rachel Donaire and Casimero’s promoter Sean Gibbons, spent the weekend in a war of words over Casimero’s enrollment in VADA testing.

Things seemingly came to a head on Saturday when Donaire (41-6, 27 KO) claimed he’d withdrawn from the fight due to Casimero (30-4, 21 KO) “refusing” to enroll in testing. VADA later confirmed that both men had enrolled and Mauricio Sulaiman stated that Casimero has been part of their Clean Boxing program since 2017, but Rachel Donaire accused Gibbons and co. of not signing up for 24/7 testing among other claims.

Now, the Donaires are demanding an apology from Gibbons and Casimero over the spat and threatening to walk away from the fight, with Nonito claiming that they’re responsible for the fight coming together and that Casimero has to play by their rules. I think it’s a bit rich to do so after spending several days claiming Casimero was dodging drug tests, then gleefully retweeting people straight-up accusing Casimero of cheating and calling his team pricks.

At the end of the day, this is likely just a particularly stupid instance of gamesmanship, which one of Lance Pugmire’s sources confirms. Still, I can’t say the interaction improved my opinion of anyone involved.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/6/2...xing-news-2021

Can't wait for this one! WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        So the casimero fight is back on? Great to know. Looks like he is free from PBC if he beats Casimero. Which would be great but i would be shocked if that is the case, fighting Inoue for the other belt would be massive, as i doubt PBC would ever unify with Inoue giving their policy.

He’s with Ringstar and while Ringstar frequently promotes for pbc and works with them they have been known to go elsewhere for their fighters. I think Yoka is also with Ringstar correct? So far it seems that the only
        pbc sub group that is pbc only is Mayweather promotions and that seems to be out of an immense loyalty Mayweather has to Haymon for making him a multi millionaire many times over

Comment

By the way, Donaire vs anyone and I’m pulling for Donaire. He has to be the most fan friendly likeable fighter in the sport. He is one of the only examples of a throw back champion today. The man is a true warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

He’s with Ringstar and while Ringstar frequently promotes for pbc and works with them they have been known to go elsewhere for their fighters. I think Yoka is also with Ringstar correct? So far it seems that the only
            pbc sub group that is pbc only is Mayweather promotions and that seems to be out of an immense loyalty Mayweather has to Haymon for making him a multi millionaire many times over
            Ringstar is pretty much over. He’s got a few fighters but doesn’t promote any shows for pbc in years. Only TGB, Mayweather and Sampson promote PBC shows.

yoka signed with Top Rank after J Prince signed him and brought him over. Same with Carlos Balderas leaving ringstar to go to Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

I know Nonito isn't signed to the PBC, which makes it easier for him to fight whoever from other promotional outfits. As long as we get unifications i don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                Ringstar is pretty much over. He’s got a few fighters but doesn’t promote any shows for pbc in years. Only TGB, Mayweather and Sampson promote PBC shows.

yoka signed with Top Rank after J Prince signed him and brought him over. Same with Carlos Balderas leaving ringstar to go to Top Rank.
                I stand corrected on yoka then.

Comment

This coward will not fight Casimero. Go ahead fight Inoue instead and get destroyed! And then Inoue vs Casimero for all the belts.

https://www.spin.ph/boxing/donaire-d...-a793-20210629

Comment

Originally posted by pacphobia View Post
                    This coward will not fight Casimero. Go ahead fight Inoue instead and get destroyed! And then Inoue vs Casimero for all the belts.

https://www.spin.ph/boxing/donaire-d...-a793-20210629
                    Lmao ok dude Nonito is scared of a 112 lber when he was fighting monsters at126 it's about respect how would you feel if someone told your girl/wife to go a suck a dick in the media?

Comment

Working...
                    X