Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant On Underdog Role Versus Canelo: Those Odds Are Just Numbers To Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I am wrong, but sorry to say this fight ain't happening folks. Haymon is going to try to feather his nest by trying to have Alvarez commit to a multi-fight deal to fight tomato cans in order to get this fight. That works out well for Plant because he knows that Alvarez is levels above him and he can avoid fighting Benavidez or anyone else who has power and skills.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

Nah, if you ask Plant he'll say the biggest fight of his life was against that ATG killer Jose Uzcategui.
      I'm sure at this point he would say that but he will have to dig way deeper than that to win against Canelo

Comment

I’m a big supporter of Plant but you do have your hands filled especially if you don’t improve the defense, slick boxing angles and movement with fast shots; it’s a nightmare for Canelo. The fighters who have boxed well against Canelo have all done the same thing, speed movement counter and absolutely no laying or becoming complacent. Although he has one loss on record I can very well say he’s had 3 gifts that I have witnessed going all the way back to when he fought Lanardo Tyner in a war but the scores were ridiculously in his favor in Mexico!

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
          I hope I am wrong, but sorry to say this fight ain't happening folks. Haymon is going to try to feather his nest by trying to have Alvarez commit to a multi-fight deal to fight tomato cans in order to get this fight. That works out well for Plant because he knows that Alvarez is levels above him and he can avoid fighting Benavidez or anyone else who has power and skills.
          You have Haymon confused with young Edward Hearn

Comment

I think the first fighter to beat Canelo since since Floyd will be bigger, stronger and pay him zero respect. Bar Benavidez I don’t see anyone in the division capable of that. Plant will probably be a better fight than either smith or Saunders but reckon he’ll still go on the run and loose the last half. Probably go the distance. Time is on Benavidez’ side. He’ll peak in another 4 or 5 years. Canelo is at his peak now.

Comment

I don't know. Plant might have the style to beat him but I don't think he will.

Thing is, if you haven't seen Plant in interviews, you'd probably think he is over confident or something with the way the title sounds but dude really just chats nonchalant like this.

So I know he's actually just casually talking and truly just unbothered. Hopefully he'll bring an absolute perfect game. It's been a while since we've seen a proper world class upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

You have Haymon confused with young Edward Hearn
                Sure Hearn wanted a long-term contract with Canelo as would any other promoter. He had 2 super middleweight champions to offer at the time and he came through when Canelo and his team told him they were only interested in a fight-by-fight arrangement after those two fights. I don't see Haymon or Arum doing that. In the case of Haymon, who has only Caleb Plant as 168 lb champion, he has nothing else to offer besides Benavidez and Charlo. Charlo clearly does not want to fight Canelo and Benavidez could easily be made as a one-off fight after the Plant fight. We shall soon see.

Comment

They is numbers folks?!

Comment

Working...
                  X