Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka, Francisco Rodriguez Jr. Reach Terms For WBO Title Fight, Avoid Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka, Francisco Rodriguez Jr. Reach Terms For WBO Title Fight, Avoid Purse Bid

    Kazuto Ioka appears to be set for his first fight of 2021. The four-division and reigning WBO junior bantamweight titlist has reportedly agreed to terms with mandatory challenger Francisco 'Chihuas' Rodriguez Jr., thus avoiding a purse bid hearing. Promociones del Pueblo, Rodriguez's co-promoter along with Cancun Boxing has revealed that the two sides have reached a deal to meet September 1 at a venue to be determined in Tokyo, Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    September, Christ. Here’s hoping for a quick turn around for a NYE fight. Only three fights in almost three years is terrible.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      September, Christ. Here’s hoping for a quick turn around for a NYE fight. Only three fights in almost three years is terrible.
      No kidding. I was hoping to see him get in the mix with Rungvisai, Estrada and Chocolatito. Too much talent in this division to not see these fights get made.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

        No kidding. I was hoping to see him get in the mix with Rungvisai, Estrada and Chocolatito. Too much talent in this division to not see these fights get made.
        He indicated he wanted to unify, but then there was all that BS with the JBC for the first four months of the year where it looked like he was going to get stripper for a faulty cannabis test. Hopefully after the mandatory he can fight SSR or maybe Ancajas?

        Comment


        • #5
          Good, tough little fight here. Rodriguez is a durable little warrior with some pop, 115 keeps delivering. Hopefully the winner gets a massive fight after this

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

            He indicated he wanted to unify, but then there was all that BS with the JBC for the first four months of the year where it looked like he was going to get stripper for a faulty cannabis test. Hopefully after the mandatory he can fight SSR or maybe Ancajas?
            That was bs from the JBC and it was unnecessary. I’d love to see him against either one. A fight against Ancajas would be a chess match, whereas a fight with SSR would be the classic puncher vs boxer matchup.
            _Rexy_ likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

              That was bs from the JBC and it was unnecessary. I’d love to see him against either one. A fight against Ancajas would be a chess match, whereas a fight with SSR would be the classic puncher vs boxer matchup.
              I agree 100% The only issue is I think that SSR is tied up/committed with Cuadras next?

              Comment


              • #8
                ioka should get estrada next

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

                  I agree 100% The only issue is I think that SSR is tied up/committed with Cuadras next?
                  I remember hearing that too. Although I wouldn’t mind seeing them run it back, either Ancajas or Ioka are much better fights for SSR at this point. He’s already 34 and waiting any longer will only hurt him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JOITATS View Post
                    ioka should get estrada next
                    Winner of Chocolatito/Estrada III gets the winner of SSR/Cuadras

                    Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

                    I remember hearing that too. Although I wouldn’t mind seeing them run it back, either Ancajas or Ioka are much better fights for SSR at this point. He’s already 34 and waiting any longer will only hurt him.
                    agreed, but he's going to have to wait on this 4 man WBC tournament in the meantime, unfortunatly. I'd love a Nietes rematch too, but considering Donny dropped the belt to avoid it, I don't see that as a possibility.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP