Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Justis Huni Ready For Olympics After Battering, Stopping Paul Gallen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Justis Huni Ready For Olympics After Battering, Stopping Paul Gallen

At the International Convention Centre in Sydney, Justis Huni (5-0, 4 KOs) retained his Australian heavyweight title by knocking out Paul Gallen (11-1-1, 6 KOs). Huni used the fight as a way to tune-up for the Tokyo Olympics.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Surprised to see Gallen lose this after that remarkable win over the great Lucas Browne.

Comment

If Huni couldn't knock out a burnt out Gallen, how will he go against the top 20 HW in the division? I know he's young and has talent, but Australia always hype up the unknown. His manager Lonergan is a twit, to say he will meet Fury and Joshua in 2 years is a joke!

Comment

Gallen flat on his ass is a good look.

Justis prevails!

Comment

Originally posted by TMC13 View Post
          If Huni couldn't knock out a burnt out Gallen, how will he go against the top 20 HW in the division? I know he's young and has talent, but Australia always hype up the unknown. His manager Lonergan is a twit, to say he will meet Fury and Joshua in 2 years is a joke!
          Huni has no power he is a boxer mover with some ability, Gallen is a tough strong man one of those all-year athlete footballers that have very hard heads.

Comment

Lol I tried to parlay this whole Aussie card for a couple bucks and this is the only one I got right. All ko/tkos.

Comment

Hate Gallen from his football career, but have to give him credit, he got tuned the fck up all fight and kept coming.

Huni doesn't seem like he is the biggest puncher, then again his main focus is the Olympics so the focus isn't going to be on KOs I guess.

Reminds me a bit of Usyk, not concussive power but lovely boxing to watch.

Comment

Huni has looked to be a reasonably hard puncher in his previous fights, Gallen is as tough as old boots plus Huni did not follow up on most of his good combinations. Maybe he wanted to get plenty of practice but it seemed like he could have finished the fight much sooner. I bet Gallen is sore this morning, tenderised ribs anyone?

EDIT Gallen got a broken rib in round 2, lots of guts to fight on.
                Last edited by Richard G; 06-16-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I watched this fight yesterday & althought a bit scrappy was pretty entertaining. I'm just wondering how Huni would get on against Dempsay McKean. The Commonwealth title is soon to become vacant so maybe there could also be an opening there.

Comment

Wow! Yes great win for Huni!

Comment

Working...
                    X