Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Herring: Don't Know Why Anyone Would Think I Don't Want To Fight Shakur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Herring: Don't Know Why Anyone Would Think I Don't Want To Fight Shakur

For months, Jamel Herring has been forced to listen to claims carrying a wide range of insults though all with a common theme--that he can't not handle the challenger in waiting for his title. The reigning WBO junior lightweight champion is eager to prove the doubters wrong, making a point to be in the house for Shakur Stevenson's shutout win of Jeremia Nakathila this past Saturday at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas. The ESPN headliner came with the WBO interim title at stake, assuring Stevenson's place in line for the main title as per the terms established by the sanctioning body.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hard to not be a fan of herring. That said, I don’t know why arum doesn’t put him in with Valdez. A better, more exciting fight that is for the wbc belt and more money.

Comment

I have to agree with Herring here....Shakur Stevenson is in trouble the second he faces anybody good.

Comment

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post
        Hard to not be a fan of herring. That said, I don’t know why arum doesn’t put him in with Valdez. A better, more exciting fight that is for the wbc belt and more money.
        I can think of two reasons:

1. Two fights are generally more lucrative than one

and

2. A title unification would be bigger than a title defense

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

I can think of two reasons:

1. Two fights are generally more lucrative than one

and

2. A title unification would be bigger than a title defense
          So pay Stevenson to step aside with a promise to fight the winner.

Comment

Key word in here is Arum, the guy who had Manny vs Crawford.. Fury vs Joshua got derailed as well even though rumors say that there could have been a way to slide it through before the verdicts that truly killed the fight.

Comment

So pay Stevenson to step aside with a promise to fight the winner.
              That would be a good option, except Stevenson already threatened legal action to try and stop Herring from fighting Carl Frampton. That tells me it’s highly unlikely that he would accept a step-aside deal and I don’t think anyone would offer that anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X