Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys don’t listen to Chris Algieri when it comes down to who hits harder Pacquiao or Spence.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

I think Mikey thought he was getting the downhill, pressure of Spence and his entire game plan was built around that and literally had no plan b and if he knew how to operate it, he didn't have the capacity to do so.

He knew he had to sell out to have a chance and he made a silent agreement just to go the distance.
    yeah he didnt press him, but also he didn't really fight to survive which basically i sa guy covering up or backing up avoid contact, like say Shane Mosley after Pacquiao dropped him, Shane Mosley was running around his feet bled after that fight, or Josh Clottey just covering up. Mikey just doesnt know how to be a pressure fighter, he fought basically how he always fights stays in the middle and tries to counter off your jab, Ive never seen him go for broke, Mikey in fact actually quit after Salido bent his nose, so he isnt a warrior who overcomes adversity.

Mikey basically just plods forward and tries to counter you, the guy is overrated he can beat guys like Pacquiao who are short and aggressive but long guys like Spence you cant do that ****. Mikey does hit hard though and Spence wasn't gonna give him a shot, Mikey actually has devastating power much more so than Pacquiao.

Comment

Pac might hit harder. And if you run as a result of the power pacs tyranosaurasvrex arms might find it hard to reach you.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post

that's what i was trying to say in the pac/agieri fight!!!

i used spence/mikey as a comparison...

topic starter said pac couldnt stop algieri when spence did, so how could pac be the harder puncher?

so i used the spence/mikey fight to compare.... spence couldnt stop mikey either because mikey didnt come to fight to win just like how algieri didnt come to win when he fought pac,
        Gotcha! My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

yeah he didnt press him, but also he didn't really fight to survive which basically i sa guy covering up or backing up avoid contact, like say Shane Mosley after Pacquiao dropped him, Shane Mosley was running around his feet bled after that fight, or Josh Clottey just covering up. Mikey just doesnt know how to be a pressure fighter, he fought basically how he always fights stays in the middle and tries to counter off your jab, Ive never seen him go for broke, Mikey in fact actually quit after Salido bent his nose, so he isnt a warrior who overcomes adversity.

Mikey basically just plods forward and tries to counter you, the guy is overrated he can beat guys like Pacquiao who are short and aggressive but long guys like Spence you cant do that ****. Mikey does hit hard though and Spence wasn't gonna give him a shot, Mikey actually has devastating power much more so than Pacquiao.
          The thing with Mikey that I've always stated is that he has impeccable timing and solid fundamentals but he's not dynamic. Mainly, he doesn't have the footwork/speed to do anything at 147. That leap is reserved for the special ones, unless of course you're able to get in position to challenge a weakest link in a favorable match up.

Comment

The thing with Mikey that I've always stated is that he has impeccable timing and solid fundamentals but he's not dynamic. Mainly, he doesn't have the footwork/speed to do anything at 147. That leap is reserved for the special ones, unless of course you're able to get in position to challenge a weakest link in a favorable match up.
            yeah thats why most people expected Spence to spark him out, he isn't a runner who will get on the backfoot and he was ripe for the picking, but Spence played it safe which I believe is because he was trying to secure that Pacquiao fight but Pac didnt fight him right after he called him out in the ring, also he didnt want to scare off Pacman by starching Mikey early its all strategic. Now he is going to go all out and destroy Pac within 5 rounds mark my words, Spence will now show his real self that Pacman signed the contract and cant escape, its going to be ugly.

Comment

yeah thats why most people expected Spence to spark him out, he isn't a runner who will get on the backfoot and he was ripe for the picking, but Spence played it safe which I believe is because he was trying to secure that Pacquiao fight but Pac didnt fight him right after he called him out in the ring, also he didnt want to scare off Pacman by starching Mikey early its all strategic. Now he is going to go all out and destroy Pac within 5 rounds mark my words, Spence will now show his real self that Pacman signed the contract and cant escape, its going to be ugly.
              So what percentage chance do you give Manny?

Comment

Its obvious errol spence hits harder than manny pacquiao. Algieri was brutally destroyed by spence where Pacquiao couldnt stop Algieri and only got flash knockdowns.

algieri is speaking from emotional bias, he likes and respect pacquiao more and even admit he roots for him when he fights.

errol was hitting algieri and algeri would wince in pain
                Considering he has fought both, I would take his input over someone on the w3b esp one who has a history of being wrong about Pac.

Comment

Its obvious errol spence hits harder than manny pacquiao. Algieri was brutally destroyed by spence where Pacquiao couldnt stop Algieri and only got flash knockdowns.

algieri is speaking from emotional bias, he likes and respect pacquiao more and even admit he roots for him when he fights.

errol was hitting algieri and algeri would wince in pain
                  - -Manny KDed Algieri 6x and knocked him into the ropes another 6x. Terrible ref as Algieri never the same, and what was his stupid corner thinking?

Comment

So what percentage chance do you give Manny?
                    not much, he been inactive two years, no way will he be able to last stamina wise, in order to maintain stamina one must jog daily, pacman was only jogging once in a while and he was gassing in the thurman fight.

Comment

I think when you think about quality of opponents and damage done, the #s are more on Pac's side. He's put many of the elite fighters on the back foot and in survival mode quickly and most just are happy to get out without taking too much damage. With that said, Pac's power at 147lbs has mostly been respectable and it is the speed that does a lot of the damage.

Pac at 140lbs and below had the 1 punch KO power but he was never that at 147lbs.

For me, for sure Spence is the bigger puncher based on size at 147lbs than Pac, but Pac's power P4P is still greater. He won't be the "stronger" man against Spence, but he'll have enough power with the speed to potentially keep Spence honest and thinking twice about what he does.
                      Spoon23 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X