Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: British Director Brings Story of The Four Kings To New Generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mat Whitecross is a woke *******. The documentary is trash and I quit watching after the 3rd time they bashed Ronald Reagan. If he would have kept the politics out of it and just focused on the 4 Kings it would have been great. It's one long woke documentary and this director will get no more looks from me. The Woke ruin everything they toiuch and they can't help themselves.

Comment

Duran was he best of that 4 because he was a small lightweight who rose in weight to fight these 3 legends who other than Sugar Robison were the best Welters and middleweights of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Some American posters on here would probably think they are talking about "Teo Lopez, Haney, Ryan Garcia and Tank Davis" - That is how much boxing some of them know, the "You lose one fight and your career is over" new age fans...
        Those are the same clowns who think Floyd is better than Duran Hearns and Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by brtinla View Post
          Mat Whitecross is a woke *******. The documentary is trash and I quit watching after the 3rd time they bashed Ronald Reagan. If he would have kept the politics out of it and just focused on the 4 Kings it would have been great. It's one long woke documentary and this director will get no more looks from me. The Woke ruin everything they toiuch and they can't help themselves.
          well reagan was a horrible president and racist etc...the chairman of the republican party and head adviser to reagan lee atwater admitted they used racism and racist policies to garner the white vote.

here is a quote from him in 81 "By 1968 you can’t say “n word”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “N word, word.”

i dont see anything wrong with using these fighters and the context of the time period in which they lived to tell a bigger story and that story is how the rich and powerful are plundering the country and have been since reagan while using racism and the culture war to distract from their actions. also remember reagans welfare queens attack aimed at minorities? it might be annoying to hear in a boxing documentary but boxing is not the most important thing in the world and i think we have enough strictly boxing content about these fighters already.
          Last edited by daggum; 06-11-2021, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nino brown21 View Post

Quick question do you know if the showtime app also shows live boxing ?
            I don't think so. I think there's a separate way to view live content. I think that way, it doesn't interfere with their cable subscription service. I normally catch fights the day after on the app.
            nino brown21 likes this.

Comment

well reagan was a horrible president and racist etc...th

You are a Marxist. Fine. One day I may meet you on the field of battle.

Comment

Working...
              X