Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Mayweather-Paul PPV is Projected To Generate at Least 1 Million Buys Domestically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

The betting line was initially set at a 3 million over or under. You said NO ONE was predicting 3 million buys. I also showed you where Floyd said he would pull down over $100 million for this fight, did he think that was going to happen unless the fight could sell close to 3 million PPVs? You act as though I'm just pulling that number out of my ass. It was floated around by several sources to include Floyd himself.
    Great, you found a dumb over/under of 3M!

Yet you had threads on this site asking if Mayweather/Paul sells more than Spence/Pacquiao. Is anyone expecting that fight to do more than 3M?

If you are basing this fight being a disappointment because of that over/under, then go for it. But that is just stupid and unrealistic. I wish you would have posted those odds before the fight as I'm not even a betting man and I would have put quite a bit money on that. There was no way in hell this was going to be the third biggest PPV of all time. Hilarious.

And if Mayweather truly believed he was going to make a 100M off this fight? Then again sure, but this is a man that has had damn near 20 PPV fights. He's not a fool and knows what he was going to make.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

I disagree I believe it is what I said it is.

Floyd's definitely good at marketing himself yup he's still a commodity, but the truth is the phone gets picked up when there is a low/no risk high reward proposition on the table, and its doesn't get picked up for any other reason.

Again, if "smart investments" are supposed to keep him out of the ring because of his health, why doesn't he turn down these "exhibitions", and why all the excuses when he supposedly doesn't need the money. Why all the excuses (he's old/only trained a couple days a week) when he can't get a non boxer out of there. Excellence is promised but these days it is not delivered on if you can't get a total non boxer out of there.

And don't look now, but you have a fighter from his generation still beating top fighters, so the jury is still out on whether he is the undisputed best.
      Of course you disagree because it’s Floyd.

He’s retired, that’s why. You’re also dead wrong-Canelo and his fans and Manny fans like you are desperate for a rematch now because he’s old. You want to beat him that bad-lmfao.

simple as to why he takes these fights- He’s a promoter. It takes resources to promote. Last year his main revenue streams didn’t make money because of COVID-19. So he is using the main commodity- himself- to generate revenue. Is it that hard to figure out?

the jury isn’t still out because he beat that guy easily and he retired. His era is past. We’re on to the Canelo era.

What top fighter is he beating- The guy that had 1 fight- a MD win over a gatekeeper- in 2 years and hasnt fought since?

That qualifies as a top guy?
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-10-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

It's all about price elasticity. Getting the most amount of viewers doesn't always equal the most revenue.
        And getting the least viewership at a high price doesn’t necessarily mean you maximise your revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Of course you disagree because it’s Floyd.

He’s retired, that’s why. You’re also dead wrong-Canelo and his fans and Manny fans like you are desperate for a rematch now because he’s old. You want to beat him that bad-lmfao.

simple as to why he takes these fights- He’s a promoter. It takes resources to promote. Last year his main revenue streams didn’t make money because of COVID-19. So he is using the main commodity- himself- to generate revenue. Is it that hard to figure out?

the jury isn’t still out because he beat that guy easily and he retired. His era is past. We’re on to the Canelo era.

What top fighter is he beating- The guy that had 1 fight- a MD win over a gatekeeper- in 2 years and hasnt fought since?

That qualifies as a top guy?
          I disagree because I disagree and I gave valid reasons why.

I didn't ask for a rematch. Floyd is a low to no risk fighter. I highly doubt he risks rematching Canelo or Manny. He'll stay "retired" until they find another non fighter to scam the public with. Maybe the next guy will have at least one win on his record.

So now was Floyd desperate for money or what because when 50 cent publicly said he needed to fight again due to lack of money Floyd vehemently denied that, now you are saying he needed to fight because he lost money due to Covid. Maybe you, 50, and Floyd should do a conference call so you can be on the same page.

Manny beat prime Thurman the man to beat at ww and more importantly the guy Floyd ducked. Beat prime Porter and Garcia to become the man. Thats how its supposed to be done. Is not Manny's job to be concerned over how many times he fights or how he treats his injuries or none of that. He was the man @ ww, Manny beat him and thats that. Unlike Floyd who wants full credit for beating shopworn guys coming off a good performance.

Last edited by djtmal; 06-10-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

A million people who will never watch boxing again.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

People were burning it down because a felon drug addict didn't know how to sit still in the back of a police car after committing a felony crime.
              Just as I suspected. An uninformed, bigoted idiot. Carry on...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

I disagree because I disagree and I gave valid reasons why.

I didn't ask for a rematch. Floyd is a low to no risk fighter. I highly doubt he risks rematching Canelo or Manny. He'll stay "retired" until they find another non fighter to scam the public with. Maybe the next guy will have at least one win on his record.

So now was Floyd desperate for money or what because when 50 cent publicly said he needed to fight again due to lack of money Floyd vehemently denied that, now you are saying he needed to fight because he lost money due to Covid. Maybe you, 50, and Floyd should do a conference call so you can be on the same page.

Manny beat prime Thurman the man to beat at ww and more importantly the guy Floyd ducked. Beat prime Porter and Garcia to become the man. Thats how its supposed to be done. Is not Manny's job to be concerned over how many times he fights or how he treats his injuries or none of that. He was the man @ ww, Manny beat him and thats that. Unlike Floyd who wants full credit for beating shopworn guys coming off a good performance.
                you didn’t give valid reasons.

he isn’t scamming the public. He’s retired and fighting exhibitions. Why that bothers you so much is hilarious.

Generating revenue doesn’t mean you’re desperate for money. Only because it’s Floyd.

prime? He had fought once in 2 years and hasn’t fought since. That is prime? Lmfao only because it’s Manny.

He wasn’t the man at ww. He had a belt and was inactive, and looked weak against a gatekeeper that is why Manny fought him. You know it too.

This is why I ask you to use objective criteria when making these evaluations and precisely why you will not.

Comment

Floyd’s fortune is draining much more quickly than he had planned for. If you don’t notice this, it’s because you are a flaming f l 0 m0.

He cannot sustain the lifestyle and bills he has without big paychecks he’s used to getting from fighting, simply put.

Like I said, Logan Paul claims $20M
                  Floyd claims $100M.

This fight did 1M PPV buys at $49.99 a pop.

Somebody is FOOKING lying.
                  Last edited by HewJohnson; 06-11-2021, 06:07 AM.

Comment

so many people watch floyd couldn't beat a youtuber. so sad.
                    Marktko1020 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

Just as I suspected. An uninformed, bigoted idiot. Carry on...
                      Exactly what part of my statement was uninformed or bigoted? He didn't know how to sit in the back of the police car. They gave him plenty of chances. He caused his own death, the liberal media sensationalized it and caused the country to burn.

Comment

Working...
                      X