Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz Says Linares Let Haney Off The Hook; Thinks He Will Knock Haney Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz Says Linares Let Haney Off The Hook; Thinks He Will Knock Haney Out

Joseph Diaz has more pressing tasks at hand, but he could not help but think of what he would do to Devin Haney after Jorge Linares buckled him in the 10th round of their lightweight title fight last month.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Diaz already exposed the Farmer hype, could be expose the Haney hype too?

Haney might be a bit too big IMO, I think it’d be a good fight, I’d probably go Haney by a close decision. It would be all about whether Haney could keep it long or whether JoJo could get inside.

Comment

I like Diaz, former Olympian and great performances against Russel Jr. (even in defeat) and Farmer really legitimized him imo. He said nothing wrong in this article, he has the mindset of a fighter and thinks he can beat someone near/in his weight division. But, he hasn’t been moving like a champ recently. First, he ducked the rematch with Farmer, then he missed weight forcing the sanctioning body to strip him of his title, and to top it all off he lost against Rakhimov and received a gift draw before leaving the division. The upcoming bout against Fortuna is an interesting one, and hopefully he has the balls to go through with it (unlike the other mentally weak guy talking woulda, coulda, shouldas). But the disrespect to Haney is getting outrageous, none of these guys put their hands up to fight him before. Yet, he held/holds the legit WBC belt and from what I’ve seen is being pushed as a main eventer. So the legacy and monetary gain is/has been present. Lot of talk out of boxers nowadays, not enough actually backing that chit up.
      shaheed1972 shaheed1972 mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Easier said than done. Linares was unable to try because he was being held and smothered.

Also Joseph Diaz, I like him, but he doesn’t seem to have the power of Linares. His power appears to be closer to Haney’s than Linares. I doubt he would have the same success.

If he could not beat Gary Russell jr, I do not see him beating Haney. I don’t even think he gets past Fortuna. But he does, that is a good first step.

Comment

Originally posted by TrillScottHeron View Post
          I like Diaz, former Olympian and great performances against Russel Jr. (even in defeat) and Farmer really legitimized him imo. He said nothing wrong in this article, he has the mindset of a fighter and thinks he can beat someone near/in his weight division. But, he hasn’t been moving like a champ recently. First, he ducked the rematch with Farmer, then he missed weight forcing the sanctioning body to strip him of his title, and to top it all off he lost against Rakhimov and received a gift draw before leaving the division. The upcoming bout against Fortuna is an interesting one, and hopefully he has the balls to go through with it (unlike the other mentally weak guy talking woulda, coulda, shouldas). But the disrespect to Haney is getting outrageous, none of these guys put their hands up to fight him before. Yet, he held/holds the legit WBC belt and from what I’ve seen is being pushed as a main eventer. So the legacy and monetary gain is/has been present. Lot of talk out of boxers nowadays, not enough actually backing that chit up.
          No one wanted to fight him because despite being a “champion”, all he really did was have a belt. Big difference in boxing, between being a real champ and just being a titleholder. Haney was a title holder with 0 wins over top fighters. So yeah, no one cared to fight him.

Remember when Lomachenko didn’t care to fight Haney or Lopez? And only fought Lopez after he KO’ed a top 3 LW in Commey in 2 rounds?

Haney was just gifted two showcase fights against two chinny and old fighters so that DAZN/Matchroom can raise his profile. Both times he failed to KO them and even almost got KO’ed himself vs Linares. But was saved with all of his hugging and holding.

Your post kinda makes it out as if Haney is some badass monster who has been KO’ing top guys left and right. The truth is Linares is his first top 10 fighter and he was given Linares to finish him off, retire him, KO him. Instead he managed to boost Linares stock and lower his. He was given the name “email champion” from his fellow division champion (champion, not titleholder, Lopez earned it). Haney overall isn’t looking good. You might get what you want now, boxers saw him fight a top guy and now his title means something slightly better than before Linares. Beating a paper champ isn’t glorious. This is why Lopez was counting on Haney to impress with Linares, so their fight could be more meaningful and bigger. Lopez was literally rooting for Haney to look great and KO Linares in his pre-fight interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by TrillScottHeron View Post
            Well said! Let's see what he looks like @ 135! Jo Jo hasn't had a KO since 2019, so I don't see him knocking out Haney!

Comment

Get past fortuna first then we'll ko hankey

Comment

Dude is delusional he'll get schooled by Haney easily might even get KTFO by Fortuna so he better just focus on that fight

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

No one wanted to fight him because despite being a “champion”, all he really did was have a belt. Big difference in boxing, between being a real champ and just being a titleholder. Haney was a title holder with 0 wins over top fighters. So yeah, no one cared to fight him.

Remember when Lomachenko didn’t care to fight Haney or Lopez? And only fought Lopez after he KO’ed a top 3 LW in Commey in 2 rounds?

Haney was just gifted two showcase fights against two chinny and old fighters so that DAZN/Matchroom can raise his profile. Both times he failed to KO them and even almost got KO’ed himself vs Linares. But was saved with all of his hugging and holding.

Your post kinda makes it out as if Haney is some badass monster who has been KO’ing top guys left and right. The truth is Linares is his first top 10 fighter and he was given Linares to finish him off, retire him, KO him. Instead he managed to boost Linares stock and lower his. He was given the name “email champion” from his fellow division champion (champion, not titleholder, Lopez earned it). Haney overall isn’t looking good. You might get what you want now, boxers saw him fight a top guy and now his title means something slightly better than before Linares. Beating a paper champ isn’t glorious. This is why Lopez was counting on Haney to impress with Linares, so their fight could be more meaningful and bigger. Lopez was literally rooting for Haney to look great and KO Linares in his pre-fight interviews.
                  Look man, I don’t wanna go back and forth with you. But, what you just wrote is horsechit. First and foremost when was Richard Commey ever considered a top 3 LW? He won a vacant title against Chaniev (the third best Russian LW), and has a worst resume than Haney even prior to the Linares fight. According to your logic, you should also look at Commey as just a “titleholder”. Second point, “...Remember when Lomachenko didn’t care to fight Haney or Lopez?” Hilarious way to put that one. Loma agreed to fight Teo after he won a belt, because he stated his objective was to “become undisputed at LW, then go back down to 130.” He then petitioned to be granted that fake ass Franchise title in order to avoid his mandatory (Haney) before the unification bout with Teo. This caused him to be stripped of the actual WBC title (one he won in a vacant title match i might add) and therefore causing his unification bout with Lopez to not be for undisputed. I have no allegiance to any of these fighters and never said anything to insinuate that “...Haney is some badass monster who has been KO’ing top guys left and right.” Truth be told, I thought it was pretty alarming how long it took Haney to get his legs back under him after taking that shot, and thought it was disgusting how often he was allowed to clinch without receiving so much as a warning against Linares. It does appear though that these so-called top ten fighters are avoiding him. I don’t know if it’s due to your hate for Haney, or love of Teo (maybe Garcia) that you made those comments and give credence to that “email champion” propaganda that Lopez has been spewing. But, what you stated is your opinion, and I guess your entitled to it, even if it’s dead wrong. Everything I have said are facts, and can be backed up with evidence. My argument was and still is, if these boxers aspire to fight to attain a world championship belt (save for a select few PacMan, Nelo, etc...) and be properly compensated, then why not challenge Haney for his title? Haney has the most prestigious belt and has/had (I believe his contract is up with Matchroom USA) a promoter willing to pay to secure a quality challenger. Yet, instead of getting in the ring and actually showing who they are. Their content with tweeting and commenting to reporters what the think they can do.
                  Last edited by TrillScottHeron; 06-08-2021, 01:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
                  shaheed1972 shaheed1972 likes this.

Comment

I like Diaz work rate I think he’s technically a good boxer but has little to no power. If he had power he would easily be a bigger commodity in boxing. I don’t see Diaz knocking Haney out let alone beating him. I think Diaz style is tailored to Haney. Haney will have trouble with a bigger punch who can move. I rate Haney boxing IQ is higher than to succumb to just a lot of pressure even though Diaz gives angles just style wise Haney is better in every category.

Comment

Working...
                    X