Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Foreman on Mayweather-Paul: It Was Exciting For Me, I Didn't Expect That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Foreman on Mayweather-Paul: It Was Exciting For Me, I Didn't Expect That

Former two-time heavyweight world champion George Foreman has no problem with the recent run of exhibition bouts - including Sunday's eight round pay-per-view bout between Floyd Mayweather and Youtube star Logan Paul.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oh my.. George Foreman said that.. Logan dominating.. Yikes.. Floyd really getting exposed here..

“It was an exciting night for me. And I didn’t expect that. Believe me. Some guys would say, ‘I’m turning this off now.’ I would not leave the television because at any second I thought Mayweather might take him out, then the kid starts jumping around using his jab and dominating. He didn’t have the experience Mayweather had, but he dominated with his size.’’
    Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

It was okay for two rounds, when I thought yoh, Logan is so much bigger. If he learns how to throw a right hand properly and not slap, maybe there's something there.

Why carry on fighting, maybe do one or two more, it's enough money, unless he enjoys it.

Yes, it's quite the state of boxing I know, that Logan made more than great pound for pound fighters like Crawford and Inoue earn, but it is what it is.

Comment

Ali boma ye Ali boma ye Ali boma ye boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
          Oh my.. George Foreman said that.. Logan dominating.. Yikes.. Floyd really getting exposed here..

“It was an exciting night for me. And I didn’t expect that. Believe me. Some guys would say, ‘I’m turning this off now.’ I would not leave the television because at any second I thought Mayweather might take him out, then the kid starts jumping around using his jab and dominating. He didn’t have the experience Mayweather had, but he dominated with his size.’’

you are a tool for suggesting that George said Paul dominated the fight

he said no such thing

he was obviously referring to a very small part of the action late in that fight... the small part where Mayweather was not walking down a guy who outweighed him by 40+ pounds

trust you to go full re-tard

KingGilgamesh KingGilgamesh likes this.

Comment

It was fun to me too. I think the problem is that a lot of fans attribute this weird kind of superhero status to athletes and entertainers. In reality, they're just dudes who have trained for a long time. Its pathetic but thats the state of modern men, we desperately try to align some sense of godhood to mere mortals simply for the fact they're good at some form of entertainment. Its like people who get upset when athletes say something stupid or politically incorrect and people call for their heads.

Floyd is old and small. Paul is young and big. The annoyance at the audience for me is mainly for two reasons. One that they thought that Floyd not being able to KO Paul is some kind of indictment on his career/legacy, the second is that people so desperately want to see the Paul brothers get KOed. Why? They've put in the work like every other person who walks into a boxing gym week in week out. Many seem to think being some kind of youtuber or celebrity should mean they're immune from being talented at something. Patently ridiculous. Logan Paul is a former standout highschool linebacker and NCAA wrestler. He is already a physically superior athlete compared to 99% of the genpop.
            Last edited by KingGilgamesh; 06-08-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zod66 View Post
              Ali boma ye Ali boma ye Ali boma ye boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad
              Dude you cracked me up with this one, LOL.

Comment

I thought Paul was very clever to use his size the way he did. Though it stank up the joint, but he did what he had to do. I felt Mayweather should have made the guy chased him, then counter him and take him out. Instead Mayweather tried to walk him down and the just hugged him and wrestled him.
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Fake fixed fights are not exciting.

Comment

I imagine that 2 snails crawling on the porch is exciting to George Foreman at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X