Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Fury-Wilder 3, Donaire, Pacquiao-Spence, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Fury-Wilder 3, Donaire, Pacquiao-Spence, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Nonito Donaire's big world title win last weekend, Manny Pacquiao challenging WBC, IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence, Jean Pascal failing a drug test for several banned substances, and much more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've been a bit baffled by the response to Donaire's win. Quite overhyped. Yeah, it was a good win, but a fight I fully expected him to win. There was nothing on his opponent's record to suggest he would beat Nonito. I was stunned when I saw Donaire was the underdog and put 200 on him to win (not by KO, unfortunately, just to win) It goes to show that quality matchmaking can make a win, and a career, seem better than it actually is. By the way, Fury mops the floor with Wilder, again! And Wilder makes 1001 excuses, again!

Comment

Very good points about where wilder is from versus where Scott is from. The left hooks, the body shots, Scott is trying to teach Wilder the Philadelphia style of boxing. Time will tell how well he learns and uses it against The Gypsy King

Comment

Breadman is made for this! Great analogy for even the most novice of fans. Keep it up brother

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Very good points about where wilder is from versus where Scott is from. The left hooks, the body shots, Scott is trying to teach Wilder the Philadelphia style of boxing. Time will tell how well he learns and uses it against The Gypsy King
          Boots, Cool Boy Steph, yeah, Philly is different!

Comment

I agree that Donaire is the only guy you could bet money on most likely being a clean athlete. The guy was doing vada 24/7 before and longer than anyone. And he didn’t start doing it as a PR stunt to prove that a positive test didn’t mean he was cheating, he genuinely did it to encourage transparency in boxing. Too bad others haven’t followed suit.
            Last edited by Jab jab boom; 06-05-2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              I agree that Donaire is the only guy you could bet money on most likely being a clean athlete. The guy was doing vada 24/7 before and longer than anyone. And he didn’t start doing it as a PR stunt to prove that a positive test didn’t mean he was cheating, he genuinely did it to encourage transparency in boxing. Too bad others haven’t followed suit.
              After over 30 years of employment for the U.S. Navy, I have had MANY co-workers and friends from the Philippines! It amazes me how many dislike Nonito, but worship Manny! I never understood how that came to be? Nonito has proven he was clean over and over again, and Manny was "scared of needles!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                After over 30 years of employment for the U.S. Navy, I have had MANY co-workers and friends from the Philippines! It amazes me how many dislike Nonito, but worship Manny! I never understood how that came to be? Nonito has proven he was clean over and over again, and Manny was "scared of needles!"
                What was also odd that they only ever shared a card once, for Pacquiao–Vargas. I really would've wanted to see Donaire on the famous money-making Pacquiao cards during the early 2010s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I agree, that makes no sense unless their logic is that nonito was raised in the Us while pac was raised out there. I like Nonito significantly better than pac and when it comes to ped suspicion, donaire is way more credible than Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post

What was also odd that they only ever shared a card once, for Pacquiao–Vargas. I really would've wanted to see Donaire on the famous money-making Pacquiao cards during the early 2010s.
                    What's up in your sig?

Comment

Working...
                    X