Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you hold it against Inoue that he didn't fight prime Choco/Gallo/SSR/Cuadras?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you hold it against Inoue that he didn't fight prime Choco/Gallo/SSR/Cuadras?

Or will you give him a pass?

You know they’re not for some odd reason

Comment

Is it not held against him?

Comment

Yes. This is why I do not consider Inoue as a Top 10 P4P. His biggest win is against someone that Rigo already been beaten about 7 years prior to Inoue beating him.....and got damaged in the process. Jumping weight classes and picking up belts means very little when you go to a division and skip the top 4 in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Make sure you send an email to Breadman.

Comment

I agree! Inioue is a coward for not being born around the same time as them

Comment

dasmarinas will give him the hardest fight to date.. but casimero will masaccre him.. arum knows that..

Comment

Hold it against him? No, not really, especially not knowing how he was making weight. Certainly the window of opportunity for Estrada and Chocolatito wasn't huge since they moved up around the time Naoya was outgrowing the division and Rungvisai wasn't a big name until he beat Gonzalez. I suppose the Cuadras fight could have happened in the right sort of timeframe though, but I never really saw that one mooted. FWIW Chocolatito was actually made an offer to fight Naoya back in 2016, but turned it down for financial reasons. What was Naoya supposed to do? Camp out at a weight he was no longer making comfortably for fights that weren't happening?

https://www.boxingscene.com/chocolat...uadras--109181

If he had fought and beat any of them it would definitely add to his record but it doesn't - to me at least - somehow detract from what he has achieved that he didn't. I don't understand that kind of reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  I take everything Inoue does very personally.

Comment

if he genuinely can’t make the weight then no

he doesn’t look that big to me though, I thought he might have stayed at the weight a bit longer to see if he could get one of those big fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X