Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Reaches Settlement With Victory Boxing Promotions, Ending Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Reaches Settlement With Victory Boxing Promotions, Ending Lawsuit

For the first time in more than two years, the next fight for Jaron Ennis will come without a legal battle playing out in the background. The supremely gifted welterweight contender has agreed to a settlement with estranged promoter Chris Middendorf and Victory Boxing Promotions, putting to end a messy lawsuit which at one point threatened to put Ennis' career on hold. Terms of the settlement are restricted, other than the court docket for the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa indicating that a trial date previously set for Monday has been canceled.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This should be an example for young people about to sign a life changing contract with low life’s that don’t mean well. I will just say this just get an experienced sports attorney before signing a dam thing!

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
      This should be an example for young people about to sign a life changing contract with low life’s that don’t mean well. I will just say this just get an experienced sports attorney before signing a dam thing!
      Make sure that you also have a NDA with all parties involved, and don’t just pick a lawyer from google. Learn the smart way, not the hard way.
      I deal with contract negotiations almost every day, 1 out of 10 winds up in the legal system, due to people not keeping their schitt together. Cover dat a$$

Comment

Boxing is filled with scumbags who just view fighters as a piece of property! I'm glad it worked out for Boots.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

So Boots is with Cameron now & just gots to write a check to Chris/Victory?

Glad this got figured out finally. Hopefully this works out best for Boots immediate & long term boxing journey.

Comment

Jaron Ennis vs Vergil Ortiz - make it happen! If the Bantamweights can do it, so can these two, especially since there is a freeze at the beltholder levels!

Comment

Never even heard of his former promotional company. Glad he’s free, I would advise a man of his talent level to not sign with a promoter, be his own promoter, and be a free agent. He’ll make more in the long run and be less encumbered

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                So Boots is with Cameron now & just gots to write a check to Chris/Victory?

Glad this got figured out finally. Hopefully this works out best for Boots immediate & long term boxing journey.
                Outstanding news! Now let's see who wants that work?

Comment

This is some great news. Ennis won’t be tied down now.

Comment

Working...
                  X