Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd: I'm The Best At 154 Pounds; The World Just Ain't Seen It Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd: I'm The Best At 154 Pounds; The World Just Ain't Seen It Yet

Two years after losing his titles to Julian Williams, Jarrett Hurd still feels like he is the world's best boxer in the 154-pound division. Hurd hasn't fought a top opponent since Williams upset him in May 2019, but he'll remain in contention to face the Jermell Charlo-Brian Castano winner if he gets past Luis Arias next month. Hurd (24-1, 16 KOs) and Arias (18-2-1, 9 KOs) are scheduled to meet in a 10-round fight on the Floyd Mayweather-Logan Paul undercard June 6 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
    [Click Here To Read More]

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

The lineal 154 unified champ Jermell Charlo, faced similar obstacles in his upset loss to Tony Harrison. But Charlo unlike Hurd, avenged his defeat by stopping Tony Harrison and reclaimed the WBC jr. middleweight crown. Jarrett Hurd has a lot of catching-up to do, I'm glad hes back, its been over a year of inactivity.

I'm eager to see Hurd against Luis Arias on the Mayweather-Paul undercard; both Hurd and Arias have been inactive. Luis, is a good opponent even without a long layoff Arias is tough, hes never been KO, I wonder if Arias can survive that relentless pressure that Hurd brings.

Comment

He lost to Williams so the argument being the best isn't valid now, but he could come back a better boxer. There's some needle between him and Charlo. They can fight after Charlo beats Castano.
      siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Jarrett Hurd actually has a better resume than Jermell tbf.

A win over Lara and more dominant performances vs Trout and Harrison. However, if they fought I’d favour Jermell to win. It’s a fight I’d like to see.
        PBR Streetgang and siablo14 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

The lineal 154 unified champ Jermell Charlo, faced similar obstacles in his upset loss to Tony Harrison. But Charlo unlike Hurd, avenged his defeat by stopping Tony Harrison and reclaimed the WBC jr. middleweight crown. Jarrett Hurd has a lot of catching-up to do, I'm glad hes back, its been over a year of inactivity.

I'm eager to see Hurd against Luis Arias on the Mayweather-Paul undercard; both Hurd and Arias have been inactive. Luis, is a good opponent even without a long layoff Arias is tough, hes never been KO, I wonder if Arias can survive that relentless pressure that Hurd brings.
          Hurd stopped Harrison too though and he stopped Trout as well as beating Lara. He’s not the best fighter but he does have the best wins in the 154 lb division IMO.

Comment

Hurd has to beat a few guys before making that claim. Good that he will be active again because 154 has so many fighters. Williams out skilled him and he did not have a plan B.

Comment

I miss watching hurd fight. He was consistently fighting all top fighterd and was all action. Hope he can get his mojo back
              siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Hurd vs Fundora next. Make it happen Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Hurd has to beat a few guys before making that claim. Good that he will be active again because 154 has so many fighters. Williams out skilled him and he did not have a plan B.
                  Nope. He only has to beat Jermell.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Hurd stopped Harrison too though and he stopped Trout as well as beating Lara. He’s not the best fighter but he does have the best wins in the 154 lb division IMO.

Jarrett Hurd was on a tear, he hit jr. middleweight like wrecking-ball in 2017 through 2018 with back-to-back wins over the names you mentioned ; I took notice of Hurd when he made Tony Harrison quit for the vacant IBF 154 title. I think Jarrett Hurd vs. any of the top 2-3 are pick'm fights, but I'm not sure if he can beat J-Rock, William's qualities are all wrong for Hurd.

Comment

Working...
                    X