Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul: No Exhibition, I Want Floyd Mayweather To Risk His 50-0 With Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s not happening. Unless Jake agrees to come down to 147, where he will be an anorexic on life support at the weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

I mean in a fight where he isn't drained/restricted, the one Paul would absolutely have a shot against Floyd. Floyd would probably bank on trying to tire him out and then getting him late, similar to what he did vs McGregor.

Logan is a pus.sy so I expect nothing from him but Jake is more of a fighter mentally and might pull something off. Logan will probably gas and be gunshy before he gasses.

there is much more to it than that

it totally depends on the weight

that would have more impact on the fight than any other factor

in a serious fight - which is what you are suggesting - then Mayweather comes in no higher than 154... and Paul is a cruiserweight LMAO

the 2nd most important factor is... Jake Paul has never experienced fighting more than 2 rounds

if the fight was a LHW match... and Paul came in at 175... with Floyd coming in at 155... in a 10-round contest... Paul would not see the 10th round

if the weight was any higher than 175, it would not be anything even close to a real fight... as welters and cruisers do not belong in the same sentence... and neither do welters and LHW's for that matter

if Jake Paul thought about what he was saying... he would not scoff at circus fights, and then mention fighting a welter... because that was pretty fkn stupid

JP could not hit Mayweather with a handful of rice, even now... and Floyd would make that boy hesitant and gun-shy before the 3rd round... Jake Paul/Mayweather could only ever be a exhibition

there are videos of Floyd beating the shlt out of heavyweights who cant fight... and Jake Paul can't fight, which is why he is being matched up with old MMA guys and basketball players

unless Jake can beat a ranked boxer... Logan Paul fighting Mayweather in a exhibition, could end up being Jake Paul's best career achievement LMAO

Comment

For the first time in many years, the crowd will be cheering for Floyd to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
          I'd like to see a ten round fight (Floyd holds no title so a 12 rounder isn't possible) with Floyd fighting at a good weight for him with Jake Paul weighing 190 or so if he wants. As long as Floyd takes his training seriously, I can't see Jake Paul having any success; the extra 40 pounds won't matter as he won't lay a glove on Floyd (I mean that Floyd actually does his best to avoid getting hit -- unlike the clowning he did against McGregor before deciding to give McGregor a beating). On the other hand, I firmly believe that Floyd still hits hard enough to take the fight out of Jake Paul (much as Canelo was hurting Saunders well before he broke his face). In a nutshell, Jake Paul wouldn't have a chance against an in shape Floyd. In fact, Paul would be wondering if he were being tag teamed. (Yes, I know that for a sanctioned bout the weights could not be so much different. But if it were possible, I don't believe that an extra 40 pounds would make a difference for Paul).

exactly right, good post

Comment

I don't know where y'all come Frome, but where I come from, taking a man's hat off his head, is considered a big insult

Comment

FMW fights about 158 or so rehydrated and is literally training with Tank and other TMT fighters. The only question here is, does FMW string the fight out like he did McGregor or knock him out in 2-3 rounds, bad hands and all? People are crazy. You got old 60 yr old boxers knocking out young me on youtube but FMW can't handle a fake boxer after a sparring session with Tank. Fury does a demo job on Jake.

Comment

I can't see it happening to be honest. Floyd won't risk missing out on the big money with Rousey.

Comment

This is a joke. Mayweather is a joke. Paul is a joke. The whole Mayweather vs non boxers and youtubers is a joke. Fake boxers vs former football and basketball players is a joke... All this is a joke but no one is laughing because it's actually pathetic.

This is strictly for entertainment i guess. Maybe it's better than watching a top boxer with belts fighting a bs no namer as a mandatory. Both scenarios are worthless matches to me.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

there is much more to it than that

it totally depends on the weight

that would have more impact on the fight than any other factor

in a serious fight - which is what you are suggesting - then Mayweather comes in no higher than 154... and Paul is a cruiserweight LMAO

the 2nd most important factor is... Jake Paul has never experienced fighting more than 2 rounds

if the fight was a LHW match... and Paul came in at 175... with Floyd coming in at 155... in a 10-round contest... Paul would not see the 10th round

if the weight was any higher than 175, it would not be anything even close to a real fight... as welters and cruisers do not belong in the same sentence... and neither do welters and LHW's for that matter

if Jake Paul thought about what he was saying... he would not scoff at circus fights, and then mention fighting a welter... because that was pretty fkn stupid

JP could not hit Mayweather with a handful of rice, even now... and Floyd would make that boy hesitant and gun-shy before the 3rd round... Jake Paul/Mayweather could only ever be a exhibition

there are videos of Floyd beating the shlt out of heavyweights who cant fight... and Jake Paul can't fight, which is why he is being matched up with old MMA guys and basketball players

unless Jake can beat a ranked boxer... Logan Paul fighting Mayweather in a exhibition, could end up being Jake Paul's best career achievement LMAO
                    That's fair. 40 pounds and a youth advantage can help offset the skill and experience edge in a fight. That was my only point really. With no weight restrictions either one of those brothers is not an easy fight for a 44 year old Floyd. He'd be giving up 40 pounds easy.

Comment

That’s what I’m talking about Jake.

Comment

Working...
                      X