Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zach Parker Breaks Down Canelo's Win Over Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

    Callum and Saunders were good, but Canelo put an advantage against Callum by only giving him 3 weeks to train. Saunders was winning on my card before an unfortunate uppercut damaged his eye in one fell swoop. But this guy Parker, doesn't stand a chance in hell. I'm not impressed at all. I don't even know if he's fringe level. I'd pick fringe level Ryder to beat him, and beat him good.

    Also, who goes into a ring with anyone claiming they're going to lose?
    You lost me @
    "Saunders was winning on my card before....."
    You British Fans are crazzzzzzzy
    sege64 likes this.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

      You lost me @
      "Saunders was winning on my card before....."
      You British Fans are crazzzzzzzy
      Those outside of North America. The ones who aren't extremist and biased like crazy and know how to score a fight.

      Canelo was either missing mostly, or hitting arms and elbows trying to get the body attack in. They're not scoring punches. Although Mexicans and Canelo's judges seem to think they are. Why else do you think Canelo was head hunting and missing like a loon in 5,6, and 7? It's because he knew his attempts on the body attack were not working. He was desperate to hurt Billy to give him some hope. The crowd in round 6 started to boo because even they knew it wasn't going as planned. And don't say because Billy was "Running". He was right in front of Canelo for 95% of the fight.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
        He had it “even” before the stoppage… ok.. in other news!
        Ding! I didn’t want to ad anymore to that but my msg was too short. Can we get rid of Chris Mannix yet? This fight was never close. The power difference was glaring. If BJS had Nelo right where he wanted him then you have to admit he got ended with one punch that slick Billy Jean ducked right into. Who else’s face for broken vs Nelo?

        Comment


        • #14
          Zack who??

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

            Those outside of North America. The ones who aren't extremist and biased like crazy and know how to score a fight.

            Canelo was either missing mostly, or hitting arms and elbows trying to get the body attack in. They're not scoring punches. Although Mexicans and Canelo's judges seem to think they are. Why else do you think Canelo was head hunting and missing like a loon in 5,6, and 7? It's because he knew his attempts on the body attack were not working. He was desperate to hurt Billy to give him some hope. The crowd in round 6 started to boo because even they knew it wasn't going as planned. And don't say because Billy was "Running". He was right in front of Canelo for 95% of the fight.
            Carl Froch had it 5-2 for Canelo.

            Even though Canelo let the diva Saunders have a 22 foot ring.
            kushking likes this.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

              Those outside of North America. The ones who aren't extremist and biased like crazy and know how to score a fight.

              Canelo was either missing mostly, or hitting arms and elbows trying to get the body attack in. They're not scoring punches. Although Mexicans and Canelo's judges seem to think they are. Why else do you think Canelo was head hunting and missing like a loon in 5,6, and 7? It's because he knew his attempts on the body attack were not working. He was desperate to hurt Billy to give him some hope. The crowd in round 6 started to boo because even they knew it wasn't going as planned. And don't say because Billy was "Running". He was right in front of Canelo for 95% of the fight.
              I'm a Brit, and I didn't give BJS a single round. Canelo's body shots were damaging and BJS's powder puff punches were not effective against Canelo at all. His jab wasn't allowing him to dictate the distance or keep Canelo off him, it was worthless. The first 3 rounds in particular were an embarrassment with BJS looking like he was running for his life.
              You are seriously suggesting the crowd were boing Canelo who was constantly coming forward and trying to make the fight and not BJS who spend the majority of the time running for his life?! That's revisionist history at it's finest.
              NachoMan, pasini and Damn Wicked like this.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

                Callum and Saunders were good, but Canelo put an advantage against Callum by only giving him 3 weeks to train. Saunders was winning on my card before an unfortunate uppercut damaged his eye in one fell swoop. But this guy Parker, doesn't stand a chance in hell. I'm not impressed at all. I don't even know if he's fringe level. I'd pick fringe level Ryder to beat him, and beat him good.

                Also, who goes into a ring with anyone claiming they're going to lose?
                Sorry bud I disagree with you, Smith was outclassed even if he had longer to train you could see he was scared it wasn't even competitive. Saunders in my opinion was not up on the score cards he was tapping Canelo and had no power to earn Canelo's respect. Everytime Canelo hit him to the body you could see the energy been drained. I had Canelo 5 - 3 up on the score cards and BJS was tiring.

                I'm not saying he must go with a losing mentality but his not even got a top 20 opponent on his resume to even throw his name in the hat. There's no money in this fight and Canelo's a PPV fighter now, this fight will never sell. If Warren wants Parker to get a shot put him on a Canelo undercard with a big name opponent and he needs to shine otherwise his just making a noise.

                Comment


                • #18
                  The partial list of boxers who say they can defeat Canelo: This Clown, Andrade, Charlo, Benavidez, Plant, Eubank, Mungia, Ryder, Lemiuex, Gongora, Berlanga, Kovalev, Bivol, Pascal...

                  The complete list of boxers who have actually defeated Canelo: Mayweather.

                  True or False? The number of people who hate Canelo exceeds the combined population of Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, The Bronx, Harlan County, and the Fiji Islands.
                  kushking likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

                    Callum and Saunders were good, but Canelo put an advantage against Callum by only giving him 3 weeks to train. Saunders was winning on my card before an unfortunate uppercut damaged his eye in one fell swoop. But this guy Parker, doesn't stand a chance in hell. I'm not impressed at all. I don't even know if he's fringe level. I'd pick fringe level Ryder to beat him, and beat him good.

                    Also, who goes into a ring with anyone claiming they're going to lose?
                    First off, you require emergency remedial training in scoring boxing if you had BJS up at any point in the contest. Second, that "unfortunate uppercut" was quite intentional. BJS didn't lose due to any kind of bad luck.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      I'd like to see Zach Parker in with someone decent before he fights someone like Canelo, otherwise it will be a huge leap in quality of opponent.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP