Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing NEEDS RIVALRIES to lure in NEW AUDIENCE!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing NEEDS RIVALRIES to lure in NEW AUDIENCE!!!!!

MOOOOOST other sports have rivalries that get the general public involved.

Then you take boxing. Right now there is really no rivalries that can be marketed.

It also helps other sports usually being on free to air tv not FKIN PPV!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell outside of boxing fans will pay $50 for mayweather/marquez?? Seriously????

Europe v America in the super 6? Its a start, even though everyone is gonna be fighting everyone im pretty sure they'll market it a bit like the ryder cup to get more interest.

Comment

Also it don't help that most boxers fight like twice a year!!

Long long long gaps between fights. Other sports its a weekly thing therefor interest is there for 3/4 of a year!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peek_A_Boo View Post
        MOOOOOST other sports have rivalries that get the general public involved.

Then you take boxing. Right now there is really no rivalries that can be marketed.

It also helps other sports usually being on free to air tv not FKIN PPV!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell outside of boxing fans will pay $50 for mayweather/marquez?? Seriously????
        Your right in a way... I mean, Floyd and Pacquiao have built up a small rivalry without even talking to each other once... and the public have jumped all over it.

I mean, whenever I talk Boxing with someone who even like it a little bit... if I am talking about Floyd or Pacquiao, they will say oh yeah they should fight each other... and they barely follow it, its cause there has been a rivalry built randomly.

Comment

Thats because when you lose, you're a bum and if the fight is close, it's a robbery and there is never a rematch.

Comment

Dawson-Tarver III.

Make it happen.At the Joint.

Comment

Looks to me the PR vs Philippines is pretty hot right now.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                Dawson-Tarver III.

Make it happen.At the Joint.

A new rivalry would be welcomed. Someone said that the Super Six is a start, but thus far, they don't seem to be creating any sort of controversy or something that could cross over into the mainstream, like Ali-Frazier did in this country (perhaps that is an unfair criticism).

I guess I'll look forward to the next great trilogy now that Vazquez-Marquez is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                  Your right in a way... I mean, Floyd and Pacquiao have built up a small rivalry without even talking to each other once... and the public have jumped all over it.

I mean, whenever I talk Boxing with someone who even like it a little bit... if I am talking about Floyd or Pacquiao, they will say oh yeah they should fight each other... and they barely follow it, its cause there has been a rivalry built randomly.
                  Yeah, May/ Pac is a rivalry in a way and is brewing up to a fight in the next yr or 2. Also you had Barrera/ Morales too. Haye and the Klits???

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    Europe v America in the super 6? Its a start, even though everyone is gonna be fighting everyone im pretty sure they'll market it a bit like the ryder cup to get more interest.
                    problem is when Europe inevitably wins (as it will) then all the dumb americans will lose interest and it'll be back to square one.

Comment

Working...
                    X