Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: Half The Mexicans Don't Like Canelo, I Hope They Support Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

I was surprised to learn this myself. I used to date a girl who had family in Mexico and we would go down there a lot including local boxing matches. I was watching a couple American prospects who I liked and the crowd was VERY supportive. But even more interesting to me was most of the fans I talked too really didn't like Canelo Alvarez at all. Mostly said the same thing as all of us, avoids a certain style of fighter, talks a lot of trash that he can't back up, but what really got them angry was how he vacated his belt not to fight Glolovkin, how Canelo thought he was god to think he was above the sport and could fight GGG whenever he felt like it, then waited for the first sign of weakness to fight him after GGG got exposed by Brook and Jacobs, gets a gift from the judges, fails a drug test, and gets another gift in the next fight. The fans down there did not appreciate this. I admire them so much for not being biased and getting their emotions get in the way of FACTS.
    basically real Mexicans from Mexico are real boxing fans and don’t fall into nationalistic traps. Meanwhile, Mexican Americans feel the need to compensate for not being from Mexico so they go over the top with their cult like support because they think it makes them more Mexican. Kind of ironic when you really think about it.

Beercules, Straightener and 3 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

I was surprised to learn this myself. I used to date a girl who had family in Mexico and we would go down there a lot including local boxing matches. I was watching a couple American prospects who I liked and the crowd was VERY supportive. But even more interesting to me was most of the fans I talked too really didn't like Canelo Alvarez at all. Mostly said the same thing as all of us, avoids a certain style of fighter, talks a lot of trash that he can't back up, but what really got them angry was how he vacated his belt not to fight Glolovkin, how Canelo thought he was god to think he was above the sport and could fight GGG whenever he felt like it, then waited for the first sign of weakness to fight him after GGG got exposed by Brook and Jacobs, gets a gift from the judges, fails a drug test, and gets another gift in the next fight. The fans down there did not appreciate this. I admire them so much for not being biased and getting their emotions get in the way of FACTS.
      Good read, thanks for posting your experiences abroad.

Comment

Bjs may be right bout the 1/2 thing but hes still a f’n d-bag and i hope Canelo beats the shhh outta him.

Comment

That’s ironic from Saunders and desperate considering his lack of popularity in England, he’s rude , crass and lacks any kind of respect and he will find out h tonight what the payback is weather it’s getting robbed in the fight or a kick up the arse for disrespecting of people in general. The only he wins is if he nails canelo to the canvas. He’s upset to many people to along the way to be allowed to triumph and that’s before the 1st bell..... and of course the arrogant prick don’t punch that hard at this level.. wish I could say something nice about him but at this moment in time I cannot

Comment

Someone is desperate

Comment

Originally posted by Rbs3rd View Post
              Bjs may be right bout the 1/2 thing but hes still a f’n d-bag and i hope Canelo beats the shhh outta him.
              Do Mexicans even know who BJS is ?

Comment

I doubt half the Mexicans in the arena bought tickets if they don't like Canelo. They certainly didn't buy them for Saunders, Saunders was an undercard fighter on KSI-Logan Paul ffs.

Comment

The half he's talking about are in Mexico. The Mexican American fans
                  like him in the states.
                  Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

The winning % of hated fighters is impressive

Comment

No one can attack his fashion style, at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X