Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Antonio Barerra vs Juan Manuel Marquez. Who won, what were your scores?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Antonio Barerra vs Juan Manuel Marquez. Who won, what were your scores?

I just watched this very good fight over again, in entirety scoring it round by round. I had it eight rounds to four for Marquez with him winning rounds 1 3 4 5 7 10 11 and 12 with Barerra winning rounds 2 6 8 and 9. Going by the bogus referee ruling that there was no knockdown and with the point deduction, I had it 116-111 for JMM, Without the referee mistake the 7th round would have been 10-9 Barerra, since it was a one sided ass whupping befoe the flash KD, so it should have been 115-112 for Marquez. Excellent fight, Barerra was really on his game and looked sharp as ever in it....

So what did you guys think of the fight, and who did you have winning.

120-107 Barrera. I don't listen to Referees.

Comment

Barrera: 1, 2, 4, 6
      Marquez: 3, 5, 7 (extra point), 8, 10, 11, 12.
      Even: 9
      Final: 116-112 Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
        Barrera: 1, 2, 4, 6
        Marquez: 3, 5, 7 (extra point), 8, 10, 11, 12.
        Even: 9
        Final: 116-112 Marquez
        Good card. HBO crew seemed very bias in barerras favor though. There were plenty of rounds where Marquez was clearly winning in almost every category, and then barerra would throw about 10 jabs in the last 15 seconds and they would give him the round for it.

Comment

That's because Jim Lampley has been on Barrera's nuts for years. He loves him some MAB. He was probably jerking it under the table when Barrera fought Hamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
            That's because Jim Lampley has been on Barrera's nuts for years. He loves him some MAB. He was probably jerking it under the table when Barrera fought Hamed.
            Thats another thing that is messed up about most boxing fans. They think Hamed vs Barerra was nothing more than a one sided schooling. That couldn't be further from the truth. It was a compettitive fight where barerra clearly won, and dominated a few rounds, but it was about 8-4.

Comment

Not even gonna jump on this again. Just remember, a K.D/ Round was taken away from MAB.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano. View Post
                Not even gonna jump on this again. Just remember, a K.D/ Round was taken away from MAB.
                It was nonetheless a DQ-able offense. Although everyone brought up the fact that it was a mistake, they overlooked the bigger offense which was that Barrera committed a straight up disqualification by punching Marquez in the back of the head about three to five seconds after he had gone down. That was what should have been focused on.

ANyway, the scores for that fight were actually spot on apart from the last one which was too wide at 118-110 or whatever. The 116-111 scores were exactly right and anything closer for Barrera is wrong. He flat out lost that fight clearly and anyone thinking he won it does not know how to score a fight round by round. The rounds he did win were often stolen in the last thirty seconds also.

Anyway, even with the KD scored, Barrera still gets a point taken off which makes it a normal round for him and it still makes the fight only 115-112. I've always wondered why people think this was a really close fight that Barrera could have won. There is just no way that someone scoring the fight properly could have had him winning it or even a draw. It was just one of those clear wins that could not have been given any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano. View Post
                  What you mean, not going to jump on this agai? All I asked is who do you think won, what were your scores, and what did yu think about the fight.

Comment

jmm won that fight, i never scored it but jmm was outlanding him in power punches for 8 rounds and was more accurate. barrera was focusing alot on his jab and he looked good that night.

Comment

Working...
                    X