Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez, Billy Joe Saunders - Face To Face at Media Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El_Maldito_Rey
    replied
    Saunders looked shook.

Leave a comment:

• damned1974
    replied
    Saunder's father says Canelo will lose because "he forgot where he came from and is used to fancy jets, etc"....meanwhile, Billy Joe is wearing Versace....I guess that's common attire for gypsy travelers.

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

I think IF, and its a BIG If, but IF Saunders is able to avoid getting layed out and does outbox canelo he is capable of making it so obvious he's outboxing canelo that they won't be able to rob him.

The guys who have out boxed canelo before it's been still pretty close and a bit messy, Saunders at his best produces clean work and does a lot of clowning etc.

Put it this way if Canelo is missing by miles, getting countered and clowned and made to look foolish I don't think his hand will be raised.
    I just don’t see him stopping Saunders

Canelo doesn’t stop anyone world level that isn’t shot to bits or hasn’t been stopped easier before. His knockouts are guys like Kovalev that had been stopped twice in his previous four fights. Fielding that got stopped in 1 round by Smith, Khan that couldn’t even take a punch at lightweight, Yildirim that got stopped quicker by Eubank, Kirkland who was previously stopped in 1 round by a Japanese journeyman Ishida.

When Canelo fights good opponents, he never even looks like dropping them or badly hurting them, never mind stopping them. Canelo is a sharp eye catching puncher, but doesn’t seem to carry big power and it shows when he’s in with decent fighters that hadn’t been stopped quick before.

He has respectable power, But everybody that’s been in the ring with Saunders also says he hit’s much harder than you think too, which is probably true of both guys. Nobody has walked through them.

Sure anything can happen in boxing, catch anyone with the right shot in the right place. That goes for both fighters, or any fighter.

but when you weigh it all up and who they have stopped, it’s a very, very high % chance it’s a distance fight.
    Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-06-2021, 05:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Earl-Hickey
    replied
    Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post

billy has no chance winning on scores because its rigged. its common knowledge that canelo scorecards are always rigged in his favor. and the chance of KO'ing canelo is very low.
    I think IF, and its a BIG If, but IF Saunders is able to avoid getting layed out and does outbox canelo he is capable of making it so obvious he's outboxing canelo that they won't be able to rob him.

The guys who have out boxed canelo before it's been still pretty close and a bit messy, Saunders at his best produces clean work and does a lot of clowning etc.

Put it this way if Canelo is missing by miles, getting countered and clowned and made to look foolish I don't think his hand will be raised.

Leave a comment:

• Zaroku
    replied
    Originally posted by Richie_R View Post

CAnelo would beat the thug out of that boy
    I can’t disagree... in prison this lil guy heated up oil and put locks in socks and disfigured two wanna be gangster...

Canelo going to be red Irish angry. Red headed step child.

BJS stay home... avoid that ass whooping train coming your way

respect

Leave a comment:

• Richie_R
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

I wish Andre Ward was still fighting, he’d school Canelo easy...

I’m no odds guy, but a guy I know has a tat on his hand

13 and a half... he was in prison

13 = 12 jurors plus 1 judge

1/2 = half a ****ing chance at getting a fair trial
    CAnelo would beat the thug out of that boy

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied
    Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post

billy has no chance winning on scores because its rigged.
    Okay

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied
    Originally posted by james240 View Post

JESUS +500ish seriously? wtf bookies know something we dont?

Thats worth a punt anything can happen in boxing.
    Yep. I'm assuming they are getting pounded by Canelo money even at -750ish so hoping to get some BJS money to lower their risk.

Randomly I saw Del Boy put 10 racks on BJS.

Leave a comment:

• Zaroku
    replied
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Insanely +500ish. I get why folks favor Canelo, but he shouldn't be THAT big of a favorite.

I think BJS is gonna surprise some folks Saturday. I think folks are sucking Canelo's dick too much & looking at his highlights & kicking dirt at BJS & looking at his worst performances. I think we are gonna see a tip top BJS who's got a whole blueprint he's gonna wanna put into action. I think if you put some combo of what GGG did to have two super close fights with Canelo & what Amir Khan did to be winning early, til Canelo got the infinity gauntlet & turned him into dust, I think there is a clear path to victory for BJS that even allows some mistakes & lost rounds. I think the jab will be key for BJS.

Whatever doe I mainly just hope for a fun fight. Always great for a big fight to be a fun fight too. All that said my pick is BJS by close decision.
    I wish Andre Ward was still fighting, he’d school Canelo easy...

I’m no odds guy, but a guy I know has a tat on his hand

13 and a half... he was in prison

13 = 12 jurors plus 1 judge

1/2 = half a ****ing chance at getting a fair trial

Leave a comment:

• Zaroku
    replied
    Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
    Billy kept talking about his mexican beef, what up with that?
    What’s up bro, panther.... good to see your still posting!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X