Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara-Cornflake LaManna Fox Telecast Peaked At 726,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara-Cornflake LaManna Fox Telecast Peaked At 726,000 Viewers

Erislandy Lara registered one of the quickest knockouts of his career in his most recent bout, though still struggling to resonate with home viewers. The 38-year-old Cuban export flattened overmatched Thomas 'Cornflake' LaManna in the 1st round of their Fox-televised bout, which aired live May 1 from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. The win for Lara came as part of a three-fight telecast which averaged 636,000 viewers according to Nielsen Media Research. The show peaked at 726,000 viewers, occurring near the end of a televised swing bout featuring 18-year-old Guadalajara-based lightweight Fernando Angel Molina (6-0, 3KOs) in a six-round shutout win over Prisco Marquez (4-3-1, 1KO).
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t know what’s going on with the regular FOX shows of pbc, they stayed strong but all the fights recently have been poor shows with poor main events, very different then what we see on showtime.

Comment

Fox lost betting on PBC by a little bit lol. Showtime numbers terrible as well. I guess fans do not like PBC garbage match ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        I don’t know what’s going on with the regular FOX shows of pbc, they stayed strong but all the fights recently have been poor shows with poor main events, very different then what we see on showtime.
        PBC does a piss poor job of putting on cards and moving their fighters in a way that attracts the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          They don't normally throw stacked cards to lead in a ppv card. They'll put a name fighter in the main event vs a bum like Caleb Plant vs Mike Lee before Pacquiao vs Thurman.

Comment

I had to look up who “ corn flake” was. Lol. I watched the highlights on YouTube and couldn’t believe they put Lara in their with a guy with a golfers body. Sorry, that’s insulting to golfers. He looked more like a CPA.

Comment

ALL of boxing is declining. Even me as a hardcore boxing fans is getting bored and is following UFC even more because most of the time their Events are just better yeah yeah regardless of how much they're being paid, they come to FIGHT! Fight Fans Pick One, either you want the best to fight the best or you want your favorite fighter to make Big Money...PICK ONE!

Ratings and PPV Buys and Subscribers will remain inconsistent just like boxing matchmaking is inconsistent
              Last edited by sicko; 05-05-2021, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X