Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Continues To Solidify His Status as Sport's Power Player

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Canelo Continues To Solidify His Status as Sport's Power Player

    By Thomas Gerbasi - Apparently, after a tiff about the size of the ring they will be fighting in at AT&T Stadium, Billy Joe Saunders is showing up to meet Canelo Alvarez on Saturday night. That's good, because it's what 70,000 fans are paying to see. But does it really matter? It could be Saunders, John Ryder, or anybody else, and the Canelo faithful will show up. Build it, and they will come.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    He’s The Pope.

    Comment


    • #3
      He earned his spot through hard work and facing the best.

      I'd like to see articles calling out other fighters to start doing the same.
      batista84 and Joeboxeo like this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        He earned his spot through hard work and facing the best.

        I'd like to see articles calling out other fighters to start doing the same.
        100% agreed! Canelo deserve respect and recognition for all his accomplishments. He's the P4P King

        Comment


        • #5
          PED cheat, proven and convicted twice.

          Lost more fights than his record says.

          Sure he's a great fighter, but do we just ignore the above because it suits the marketing narrative?
          !-1, siablo14 and Steinhammer like this.

          Comment


          • #6
            Such a badly designed jacket!!
            If his name was a graph of the stock market it would indicate he's crashing!

            Comment


            • #7
              Boxing lacks true star power. While canelo may be the biggest name out of the current boxers, he doesn’t have the appeal of past stars. Evidence is that on Canelo’s watch as “boxing’s star”, two fighters from the 80s/90s brought more attention to boxing than he did when they held an exhibition. On Canelo’s watch a you tuber brought more attention and eyes to boxing than he did. He has his little cult following but it’s not translating into ppv/membership buys the way boxing’s top star should.
              !-1 and like this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                Boxing lacks true star power. While canelo may be the biggest name out of the current boxers, he doesn’t have the appeal of past stars. Evidence is that on Canelo’s watch as “boxing’s star”, two fighters from the 80s/90s brought more attention to boxing than he did when they held an exhibition. On Canelo’s watch a you tuber brought more attention and eyes to boxing than he did. He has his little cult following but it’s not translating into ppv/membership buys the way boxing’s top star should.
                This is a sad reality right here. The hardcore fans have diminished to near extinction and the casuals have turned into rodeo clowns. I'm by no means a super fan of Canelo but I do respect his ability and progression. I just wish the sport would go back 20 or 30 years to the days of old and we could see the fights the fans yell for instead of the social media matches that never happens

                Comment


                • #9
                  To borrow a great term from Frances Ngannou, Canelo is a "decision" fighter and decision fighters don't move the needle much. He may be the biggest name in the sport but that's more a reflection of the poor condition the sport is in right now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cigar View Post
                    To borrow a great term from Frances Ngannou, Canelo is a "decision" fighter and decision fighters don't move the needle much. He may be the biggest name in the sport but that's more a reflection of the poor condition the sport is in right now.
                    In just the past 10 years, boxing has shattered PPV and Gate records, and yet people say how poor condition the sport is. Let me in on a little secret, with the exception of the NFL, no sport is what is what it used to be in the U.S, but boxing is and will remain one of the biggest sport on the planet, that's why boxers and soccer players are some of the biggest paid athletes in the world. Just because white kids from the burbs in the U.S do not watch boxing, does not mean the sport is in ruff shape. In the U.S popularity is based on how many white people watch, and never give any credit to things popular with a non-white audience. I'm white, but I so see the B.S that goes on.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP