Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: I Liked That I Went Down, Got Up and Won, I Felt Rusty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz: I Liked That I Went Down, Got Up and Won, I Felt Rusty

This past Saturday night in Carson, California - former WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz snapped his 17 month stint of inactivity. Fighting for the first time since a decision loss in his rematch with Anthony Joshua in December 2019, Ruiz won a hard-fought twelve round decision over fellow Mexican boxer Chris Arreola.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I told everyone beforehand that Arreola was in best shape ever & Ruiz was still a fat whale. And Ruiz weighed same amount as v AJ afaik

Comment

Well losing weight during a camp isn't the best way to sharpen ya tools.
      He only has himself to blame for being rusty.
      if he stops gorging himself with food in between camps than maybe Reynoso can start teaching him a thing or two.
      We will see what's up with Andy in this next waiting for a fight.
      Will he start partying again or will he be true to his word and work out everyday like hthe main man Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        I told everyone beforehand that Arreola was in best shape ever & Ruiz was still a fat whale. And Ruiz weighed same amount as v AJ afaik
        The only reason Ruiz weighed the same amount as the first AJ fight is because of all the weightlifting he was doing, muscle weighs more than fat. The difference in body composition was obvious between the two fights.

Andy showed me something against Arreola. He overcame adversity and was able to think his way out of the hole and box smart.

Comment

The distribution of weight is better and as long as he continues his physique will get more toned. People don’t realize that Ruiz’s reflexes are A class given his weight. You don’t see a Joe Dawejko of sorts moving anything like that. Ruiz years prior had chicken legs, all his weight was on top. If you’ve seen his latest camps most of his fat has been stolen and redistributed to his legs which are becoming thick. Should he continue grinding expect another 20lb cut with most of his trans fat gone

Comment

We all know what is wrong with Andy. He's overweight and he can be out run. Knowing this, they muscle him up like Arnold. His hand speed didn't improve, it even looks like he's pushing his punches. His footwork, speed and placement didn't get any better. People who lift have to eat to grow muscle and that's not what Andy needs, eating anything. Take him to camp, miles from civilization, no candy and put a padlock on the fridge. I'm not against all weight training, if it's applied where needed. Andy has to lose weight and speed up his legs, not flex in the mirror.
            Last edited by Corelone; 05-04-2021, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I never understand how you feel rusty if you train everyday?
              But ruiz seems to have lost power. Wilder hurt him easy as did stiverne?

Comment

Ruiz has been fat his entire life.

Comment

He definitely got back up and I was impressed with what he did after. His selection of punches is unmatched at HW, he just doesn’t look encouraging when you see him as an “Athlete”

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
                    The distribution of weight is better and as long as he continues his physique will get more toned. People don’t realize that Ruiz’s reflexes are A class given his weight. You don’t see a Joe Dawejko of sorts moving anything like that. Ruiz years prior had chicken legs, all his weight was on top. If you’ve seen his latest camps most of his fat has been stolen and redistributed to his legs which are becoming thick. Should he continue grinding expect another 20lb cut with most of his trans fat gone
                    Bro you seem to come across as an expert on weight gains and weight loss when it comes to boxing.
                    Do you have some certified title or are you just a wannabe?
                    15round 15round likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X